Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Need Williams Peep Sight Information >

Need Williams Peep Sight Information

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need Williams Peep Sight Information

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need Williams Peep Sight Information

I ordered a Williams peep sight from cabelas last night for my Remington Genesis.I know I have to lock tite the screws that go in to mounting it on the barrel.My question is do I need to loctite the windage and elevation screws once it is sighted in or willit hold ok without being loctited down.Never had a Williams peep before only a TC on my old New Englander I started out with years ago.The reviews I read at Cabelas this peep sounded good.Just trying to keep open sights this year without going to a scope as the one on my old New Englander really cut group sizes for me.Any help is much appreciated. Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Williams Peep Sight Information

Lock-Tite is not necessary anywhere with the Williams peep sight. DId you order the target model or the standard model. The sight should have tension screws to hold the slide. Even the target modles have tension screws. Below is a picture of the target stlye, and the standard stlye. I have had Williams sights on rifles for a lot of years. Never a loose screw. Tom.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need Williams Peep Sight Information

Thanks so much for the information on the peep sight.The site I ordered is a hunting site made by Williams.It will be here wednesday by 3 day shipping but man that UPS shipping rates are really high now.I know it will help me shoot better as I have to sight in by next weekend as deer starts November 1.Thanks alot!