Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight conversion kit for #11/musket primers >

Knight conversion kit for #11/musket primers

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight conversion kit for #11/musket primers

Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Knight conversion kit for #11/musket primers

If anyone is interested, I got one of the Knight Disc Extremes from the FFF website Ron posted, and I ordered a conversion kit for #11/musket primers from:

Gregerson's in Wisconsin
715-684-3246

Most of you may not have a need for it back East, but out West some of the states do not allow 209 primers. I basically wanted a muzzleloader that could be easily convertible to legality in all 50 states, and this kit basically makes that a reality.

Some states allow sabots, some don't, some have a .50 cal minimum for elk, others don't allow 209's, some don't allow scopes, but basically I now have a rifle that is easily convertible to comply everywhere. Important if you intend to apply for some of the limited entry tags out here. Mule deer, elk, antelope and so on.

By the way, alot of you helped me make the choices I did and I want to thank you!

Dan
Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knight conversion kit for #11/musket primers

How much was the conversion kit? Is it a different bolt?
Thanks, Art
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

You know, the guy never said how much, but it should be in the mail in a couple weeks. Most of the conversion kits are pretty inexpensive though. I think around 25 bucks or so.

It is a different breech plug and I think an adaptor that sits where the plastic disc goes. Very simple. When I get It I'll post a pic and elaborate on the cost.

Dan
Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put one of the musket cap conversions on my Knight MK85. It was a good move. IMO I got hotter, amd more consistent ignition. I also had to change the bolt. But I do not know for sure if the bolt has to be changed on all the rifles. I have a couple of extra bolts, and triggers.

I do not remember for sure what I paid for the conversion. But I think it was about $65. Tom.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

"You know, the guy never said how much, but it should be in the mail in a couple weeks. Most of the conversion kits are pretty inexpensive though. I think around 25 bucks or so.

It is a different breech plug and I think an adaptor that sits where the plastic disc goes. Very simple. When I get It I'll post a pic and elaborate on the cost. "

Dan

That would be great if you could do that after you get it.
Thanks, Art