Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph or Krb7

Old 01-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Default RE: Triumph or Krb7

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

TimmyTriumph, I have a question for you, My Triumph has no blow back with any load but I have heard someone say that theres did, does yours blow back into the action any? and have you tried different sabots? The reason I ask about the sabots is that the HPH24 loaded ok but when I tried the Crush Rib it not only loaded a bit better but my groups when from 2.5 inches to the 3/4 to 1.5 range which made me much happier. Lee
I have not had any issues with blow back at all. I would wonder if maybe someone just got a bad breach plug, or a washer on it. Maybe it wasn't well lubed or something. I haven't tried any different sabots other than what came with the bullets. Actually, being a noob to everything ML'ing I didn't even realize all the different options one has with bullets and sabots utill about a month ago when I started looking more into ammunition options when I found the 200gr shockwaves weren't expanding in the dirt/sand pile where I shoot. Out of 9 recovered slugs, only 1 expanded like it should, 1 was a partial expansion, 5 only lost the copper jacket and 2 more didn't do anything except lose the yellow tip. So, now I am looking to find the slug that will shoot and do its job, and then once I find a slug I am confident in I was going to look into fine tunning it with the right sabot. I will have to keep the Crush Rib in mind, I may give that a shot if your triumph likes them maybe mine will too. Thanks for the info!