Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New KRB7

Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New KRB7

Finnally, No rain and warmer temps on a weekend got meout to shoot that KRB7 I bought about a month ago. About 60 degrees with 5 mph wind to my back and sunny, perfect shooting day. I mounted a Nikon Pro Staff 3x7x32 and headed to my uncles farm. First picture is with 2 Pyrodex pellets, 300gr XTP and Crushed Rib sabots at 25 yrds just to dial in the scope. First 1/2 dozen shots were shooting to the left, after some adjustments I put4 right in there. Then adjusted the scope up for the two above center. Forgive thetarget, those shoot n c's are a pain when they get stuck togeather.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New KRB7

Fun aren't they?!
I think you've about got her dialed in.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the range this wednesday for some KRB fun myself!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Round two after moving the target out to 50 yards. I had loaded up some tubes with 120gr of Pyrodex RS and wanted to try that with the same bullet/sabot combo, not bad but I wish I would had brought more pellets to try at 50 yards. I ran out atthe 25 yard target. I'm happy with the first shooting session with that KRB. The only downside for me is trying to drop the primer in with my club fingers with that scope mounted.......but it only takes one, right? Next round will be with my favorite bullets 250 and 300gr Barnes Expander MZ's.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Those KRB's do shoot nice.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Round two after moving the target out to 50 yards. I had loaded up some tubes with 120gr of Pyrodex RS and wanted to try that with the same bullet/sabot combo, not bad but I wish I would had brought more pellets to try at 50 yards. I ran out atthe 25 yard target. I'm happy with the first shooting session with that KRB. The only downside for me is trying to drop the primer in with my club fingers with that scope mounted.......but it only takes one, right? Next round will be with my favorite bullets 250 and 300gr Barnes Expander MZ's.
Your creeping up at 50 yards,you may want tolet thebarrel cool down a bit to make sure you get it dialed in properly.

Barnes Expanders, great bullet, great choice,Knight markets them as Red Hot, so you may want to try their brand, since it will come with the right sabot for the Knight. Another bullet to consider, if the .452 Barnes Expanders don't work out for you, is to buy the Barnes FlatNose #45843 in boxes of 20, which is an Expander in .458 diameter instead of a .452, but shoot the MMP Orange Sabot or the .452 CR sabot with it. I haveshot that bullet with the CRwith Smokeless Powder and shot this group (the last target on the PDF, not the Barnes Origonals): http://tinyurl.com/2lteef

I thinkthe Knight Red Hot comeswith the MMP 3Petal Ez load. It is always a challenge and fun to dial in a new gun and get it working. Best Wishes. Chap
Old 04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like ya got a good shooter. I've heardgood things about those KRBs.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good! I've always heard that most all Knights are good shooters. Now if only I could find one on clearance....
Old 04-06-2008, 01:16 PM

Great shooting. I bet that the KRB will really wad those Expanders into a tight group! Keep us posted.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldsmellhound

Looks good! I've always heard that most all Knights are good shooters. Now if only I could find one on clearance....
I was pretty lucky I think. I found this one at Sportsman Warehouse in Lafyette (SP?) Indiana. $219 + tax. Black stock/blued receiver and barrel. They had two stainless KRB's and the one I got one Thursday when I called and sold the two stainless before I got there that Saturday. If I remember right they went for $265.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

$219? Wow, I've never seen them that cheap. I was out at a large sports store 2 weekends ago, and they had a lot of ML's on sale - I think the KRB was going for $285 and up. They had a CVA (forget the model) for $89.00 (regular $169) that I almost got, but decided to wait.

Quick Reply: New KRB7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.