Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph or Krb7

Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Triumph or Krb7

Hi,
Went to Cabelas today to buy a new muzzleloader but couldnt decide which one. They both felt good on the shoulder. Was hoping some input from owners how they like them so far. I want it to shoot strictly sabots. The Krb7 stainless camo is 399.99 and the Triumph is 499.99. They both had things i liked and disliked. I like the idea of the dropout trigger assembly of the Knight, but i thought their ramrod was chinsey, and the support on the barrel for the ramrod was plastic. I dont care for the QLa on the tc. I was concerned about getting the primer in the knight with a scope on.

I would appreciate any input on how its shooting or any problems youve had . Thanks Bob
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: Triumph or Krb7

I don't know which one you might want, you'd probably be happy with either. I think I'm going with the KRB7 just because I like it. You might look up RR arms online, they have alot better prices than Cabela's plus you don't have to pay tax.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM

Bob

I have a KRB SS/Black I just posted some things on hereabout the krb read them and if you want more go to
www.modernmuzzleloader.com (lungbuster1)
I have range reports & pic on there. And there are range reports on the TC Triumph also . But I can tell you that I will never own another gun with a QLA or Pass System on it ever again to much troubble.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Triumph!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to hear more reports before I shell out the $$$$ for one.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got my black and blue Triumph for 275, I suggest you could shop around a bit. I would not trade my Triumph for two krb7's one of my range frieds has one and we shot and traded and shot just to see how we would like the othe the we each cleand the other gun and he tried to talk me into trading permanantly and he knew bett ahead of time, said he might have to do a bit of trading.
They are nice guns and shoot good, best thing is to shoot both then clean them maybe twice after that you would know. Lee
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Has T/C addressed the inability to load a sabot and bullet combination without a sledge hammer on the Triumph? I finally found a combination that can be driven down the barrel of the Omega and with the exception of Powerbelts most sabot bullet combinations are a no-go. The ones that they sent with the rifle could not be loaded and I stuck one twice about 1/3 of the way down the barrel. My KRB on the other hand loads sabot bullet combinations with ease. Just another thing to consider when looking at T/C rifles as the barrels tend to run very tight some like mine, exceptionally tight.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in BassPro in Springfield, MO this evening. They had a blue/black and an SS/black KRB7. The hammer mounted safety device was BROKE on the blued model.It was priced $299. The SS/black was almosthidden behind several other rifles. It was priced at $30X (not sure on the x) but was certainly the better buy. I was amazed at how light both of those rifles felt.

PS: I would go for the SS/Black KRB7 from either NatchezSS or R&R (pricing is almost the same) and replace the included rod with a Super Rod - Hunterfrom http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/cart/asp/item_index.asp 23/64" and lenth to match (might have to round the non-jag end).
Old 01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

lemoyne, other than the speed breech on the triumph, why did you think it was so much easier to clean than the krb
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 AM

I agree with ML Keith. I have a KRB that I am playing with that belongs to a friend. I have only shot a Triumph 2 times. I prefer the KRB The ease of loading is unbelievable compared to my Omega. I like my Omega because it is a one piece stock and just feels better than the Triumph. The KRB has shown to me that it will group as good as any of the TC's. As a matter of fact I ordered the all camo KRB. That crap of needing a jackhammer to load the TC's is getting old. When I get a load that is easy to load it doesn't load very easy. Thats only my opinion and it doesn't mean much to anybody but me.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

You guys that think the TC's are hard to load... have a beer and relax. Buy some HPH 24's and problem solved. I bought a Knight Disc Elite because it was the best shooting muzzleloader of all time, so I was told. What I found out was that It shot ok but would not even come close to my Omega groups... not to mention the crappy ramrod and all the blowback. I will not shoot another gun with out QLA dang all that short starter suff, I like to just start the bullet with my thumb. IMHO TC just builds a better mouse trap.

Quick Reply: Triumph or Krb7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.