Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triumph or Krb7

Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Triumph or Krb7

Lee
SENT YOU A PM ON THIS STUPID FUEDING

Ron
Old 01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

Nothing drives me nuts, that trip was completed long ago.
Have you told Cdad that yet? you 2 nuclear fission guys could probably really communicate in the upper edges of spacedom...

speaking of which check your PM's
Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cdadis pre-fission, I'm post-fission. He's still healthy.

Good investigative work! Hope they check in on him soon but they may be afraid to approach his property.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

MLKeith

Personally I like the KRB a lot better with less fooling around finding something that works.
From my point of view - I really do not care which rifle or manufacturer it is - your point is the number one point for you as it is or should be with each of us. This drives Undeclocked nuts - butI still think my Remingtons are the best gun I own including the White...

Sidenote... did you see my post on that elk I shot this year. This is the second elk with a ML for me (I have shot plenty prior but with a 300 Win Mag and a Nosler 200 grain Partition) and both of these ML elkwere good clean harvests. Since I have read several of your posts I have been worried that maybe I should also be shooting big conicals at elk, I like you hunt by myseld most often and at my age I have no wish to track for any distance at all. but so far the .458's are working.
I shot one big cow elk with a 348powerbelt and it keyholed (thanks to clearshot powder) went through the heart sideways and lodged in the farside ribcage. She walked 30yards and fell over. Shot another smaller cow with two 300 gr. bullets and she went over a quarter mile and I tracked in the rain and snow mixed. I prefer to have them drop where hit as I try to select sites that I can get my Samurai to. That was when I thought maybe I should be shooting heavier lead. Since then I bought a NEF huntsman, two White 97's , one White Thunderbolt, and finally got a U-Mag from the "chief". All .504's. In addition I added the KRB7so If I ever find time to wring them out I am sure that I can find one that will make me happy. I suspect it is going to be either the U-Mag or the KRB. My Omega has started throwing bullets all over. I think the front mounting lug is at fault as it can be turned side to side with the screw full tight. Have to decide how to fix that one. It was a tack driver with sabots at one time. It may be the synthetic stock that is contributing to the problem also as they are really flimsy compared with the KRB stock. Finally bought a torque screwdriver (man are they expensive).
Old 01-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

MLKeith

I think the front mounting lug is at fault as it can be turned side to side with the screw full tight.
Ouch! that is not good...

I suspect it is going to be either the U-Mag or the KRB.
Both are quality guns - sure hope one of them does it for you.

I really like my U-Mag and I certainly like the Omega's but I have a trust in the Remingtons that always brings me back...

My problem with ant gun is weight and balance, that is why I like the Omega - it feels lighter and handles like a Winchester feather weight - that I really like. The Remingtons are heavier but well balanced. The U-Mag is barrel heavy to me but man it shoots.I never shot a conical out of it or any other inline but it handles sabots and bullets just fine....

side to side with the screw full tight. Have to decide how to fix that one.
Pesronally I would send it and the stock toTC, bet you they would send you a whole new gun...

Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM

revpilot,
I recently just got my first ML, and by my really original username you probably could have guessed it is the tc triumph. My dad got me into this, as he owns a few omegas that I thought were good guns, easy to use, and good shooters. I got it from Cabelas, the all camo version and got a sweet deal on it, grand total was like 412 and some change. I have been out to the range as much as possible with it and here is some things about it, hope it helps.

As soon as I got the gun, I did put a scope on it. I have no problems priming the gun or removing the breach plug by hand with the scope on it. On one visit to the range, the breach plug came easily out by hand after 30 rounds at the range. Just make sure its well lubed, and its all downhill from there.

I started out shooting 100gr of american powder in sticks, and a 200gr shockwave bullet. The american powder, the regular stuff, not shockeys gold, is crap. I was only holding about a 7 inch group from a bench and rest at 100yds. The stuff burned clean, no crud ring but then again its hard to get that when your powder sticks are trailing the bullet out of the gun from only partial burns, not to mention that the sticks don't fit in the barrel without a little force. The 200gr shockwaves were a little hard to load too, but I think that might be due having a bad batch of the sabots that was mentioned on page 3 or 4 in this thread. The slug didn't fit well in the sabot at all on the two boxes I had, it seemed like the slug was to big for the sabot.

Now I am shooting 100gr of loose triple 7 powder with a 250gr shockwave and all is much better. The loose triple 7 burns very consistently and the 250gr shockwave can be loaded with ease. Now, I am holding about a 3 inch group at 100yds, which is good for me. The triple 7 does leave a little ring in the barrel, but I do use a damp(not wet) patch and then 2 dry patches inbetween every shot. Thought about maybe experimenting with different primers to see if it makes a difference, right now I use the CCI I think it is. On the same trip to the range with the breach plug there was snow on the ground, and after 30 shots, there were only a couple of tiny spots of powder on top of the snow, so the loose triple 7 does burn much better.

I like the QLA on the gun, and it shoots consistent. I shoot just as good with it as I do my centerfire rifles, so...I guess I don't really understand what the issue with the QLA is as I have not shot a ML without it.

Really the only downside is that the camo is wearing off the end of the barrel from shooting. All in all I love the new gun and can not wait to take it out next fall. Until then the range will have to satisfy my desires...haha

Good luck with your decision!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Indiana SmokePole, Ron I sent you one to, but the machine did not tell me it was sent like it should. Any how I agree with you, If we could sit down and talk over coffee we would both benifit from it. Lee
Old 01-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

TimmyTriumph, I have a question for you, My Triumph has no blow back with any load but I have heard someone say that theres did, does yours blow back into the action any? and have you tried different sabots? The reason I ask about the sabots is that the HPH24 loaded ok but when I tried the Crush Rib it not only loaded a bit better but my groups when from 2.5 inches to the 3/4 to 1.5 range which made me much happier. Lee
Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 PM

To all forum members I have talked to Lemoyne and we have put every thing said about each other behind us
and starting from new , I have APPOLIgized to him and him to me , Now I would like to SEND a great big Sorry to each and every one of you also.
Underclocked is wright this is not a place for confritation it is about us helping one another in the sport that we all love , It is OK to not agree on every aspect but with out any fighting as we have to fight hard enough aginst the anti hunters and gun lobbyest that would love to shut down forum like this.
Again SORRY
INDIANA
Old 01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

To all forum members I have talked to Lemoyne and we have put every thing said about each other behind us
and starting from new , I have APPOLIgized to him and him to me , Now I would like to SEND a great big Sorry to each and every one of you also.
Underclocked is wright this is not a place for confritation it is about us helping one another in the sport that we all love , It is OK to not agree on every aspect but with out any fighting as we have to fight hard enough aginst the anti hunters and gun lobbyest that would love to shut down forum like this.
Again SORRY
INDIANA
He said it well, I agree completely and APPOLIGIZE to you all. Lee

Quick Reply: Triumph or Krb7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.