Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Spanish vs American >

Spanish vs American

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Spanish vs American

Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Spanish vs American

That stainless steel model is just what my rifle wall is crying for. I'm just glad there was no picture of it..
YepDave, you need another rifle . If you ever see one in person, it'll probably go home with you. I like my blue/black version but, I'll admit, the stainlessis anice looking rifle.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Thanks Underclocked.. maybe I should just order one and get it all over with..
Old 12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

DANG! I looked...
Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Also getting tired of the over hashed Spanish barrel topic. Which I believe had some very good and valid reasons for starting in the first place. I also think (don't know for sure) that part of the issues were with the earlier Spain imports is that they would not hold up well when improperly loaded.

However, it's wise for anyone to ask as many questions as possible. And as for CVA, yes they had a window where they were shipping some really cheap and questionable inline ML's (Crap would be too nice a word). CVA (or any other company that has had a serious safety/quality issue)will and likely shouldendure some additional scrutiny on their current product offerings. It's up to CVA and others than importto demand a higher quality from their importers and demonstrate that their quality has improved. Which I think CVA, Traditions etc. have improved their quality.

Base on your questions I would stick with a T/C Triumph ora Knight KRB. I would rather have either of those and hunt open sights until I could afford the best optics Icould,versus a CVA/Traditions with a scope of some sorts.

My reason: I believe that the overall quality, fitment, finish, hardware and supportwith T/C and Knight is better than any other production ML.

M2C,

Tahquamenon
Old 01-08-2008, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

i bought a Traditions Pursuit Pro last year and had the oppertunity to harvest 2 bucks with it. i love it! i even used it during the general gun/centerfire rifle season just because of it's accuracy and devastation.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have a digital tension gauge to measure trigger pull.

If I could find (and I have looked at dozens at different stores)a Pursuit Pro XLT off the rack with a 3-4 pound trigger, I would buy it on the spot as the heavy trigger has been the only thing keeping me from buying one.

I think they are a really nice ML and aside from the heavy trigger have gotten some really good feedback. Not shot one, but they really handle and feel well. Just wish the trigger was better out of the box.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tahquamenon

I have a digital tension gauge to measure trigger pull.

If I could find (and I have looked at dozens at different stores)a Pursuit Pro XLT off the rack with a 3-4 pound trigger, I would buy it on the spot as the heavy trigger has been the only thing keeping me from buying one.

I think they are a really nice ML and aside from the heavy trigger have gotten some really good feedback. Not shot one, but they really handle and feel well. Just wish the trigger was better out of the box.

I stick with T/C, though I would be open to a Knight in the future. IMHO other in-business manufacturers are inferior in overall quality and design. Not to say anyone is a sucker for using one and they shouldn't love it, this is a personal choice.

My first two MLs were Traditions. I was never concerned with the barrels and am still not despite what someone on whom I will keep my opinion to myself to be ice used to stammer on about with no proof. In fact I did some experiments with one of those guns that would have blown any moderately weak barrel and it's still killing deer today.

My problem with them was overall quality. Both needed trigger jobs, and the second was a dangerous gun if you tried to adjust it under 8 lbs pull (ie, if you close the bolt w/o putting the safety on it fired! At 8 lbs!).
Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Typical Buck

To think that TC doesn't make some lemons is like living in a fairy tale. There was a thread on another site complete with pictures of the muzzle and bore of a TC Pro Hunter .50 X 209 that cost aguy $999 that looked terribly rough. He sent it back to TC and he still wasn't satisfied with the way that it lookedafter it came back, and he said that he would notbe buyingTC products again anytime soon.
The pictures on the thread are down now, but for those who areinterested in reading abouthis horror storyanyway, here it is:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=280251&highlight=omega

His final words:

"Re: the 50X209 barrel, the rifling is course for the final about 2", and it looks deformed by something. So, in terms of the barrel, appearances aside, I will wait to see how performance goes. When I pay $999.00 for a rifle, I expect a smooth barrel...especially from TC Arms. Their barrels were always like glass.

So, in sum, no, the replacement parts are not "quality". In fact, they are disappointing, and as I said, for that reason, I will not be buying any more TC Arms' products any time soon."

I've always liked and toutedTC's reputation, but after seeing those pictures and him still not being satisfied withit's replacement,it leadsa person to at least question some ofTC's quality. Maybe cheaper is sometimesbetter, and a good Spanish madegun is better than an American madelemon.

Quick Reply: Spanish vs American

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.