HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spanish vs American
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 AM
spaniel
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spanish vs American

ORIGINAL: Tahquamenon

I have a digital tension gauge to measure trigger pull.

If I could find (and I have looked at dozens at different stores)a Pursuit Pro XLT off the rack with a 3-4 pound trigger, I would buy it on the spot as the heavy trigger has been the only thing keeping me from buying one.

I think they are a really nice ML and aside from the heavy trigger have gotten some really good feedback. Not shot one, but they really handle and feel well. Just wish the trigger was better out of the box.

I stick with T/C, though I would be open to a Knight in the future. IMHO other in-business manufacturers are inferior in overall quality and design. Not to say anyone is a sucker for using one and they shouldn't love it, this is a personal choice.

My first two MLs were Traditions. I was never concerned with the barrels and am still not despite what someone on whom I will keep my opinion to myself to be ice used to stammer on about with no proof. In fact I did some experiments with one of those guns that would have blown any moderately weak barrel and it's still killing deer today.

My problem with them was overall quality. Both needed trigger jobs, and the second was a dangerous gun if you tried to adjust it under 8 lbs pull (ie, if you close the bolt w/o putting the safety on it fired! At 8 lbs!).