HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spanish vs American
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Tahquamenon
Typical Buck

Default RE: Spanish vs American

Also getting tired of the over hashed Spanish barrel topic. Which I believe had some very good and valid reasons for starting in the first place. I also think (don't know for sure) that part of the issues were with the earlier Spain imports is that they would not hold up well when improperly loaded.

However, it's wise for anyone to ask as many questions as possible. And as for CVA, yes they had a window where they were shipping some really cheap and questionable inline ML's (Crap would be too nice a word). CVA (or any other company that has had a serious safety/quality issue)will and likely shouldendure some additional scrutiny on their current product offerings. It's up to CVA and others than importto demand a higher quality from their importers and demonstrate that their quality has improved. Which I think CVA, Traditions etc. have improved their quality.

Base on your questions I would stick with a T/C Triumph ora Knight KRB. I would rather have either of those and hunt open sights until I could afford the best optics Icould,versus a CVA/Traditions with a scope of some sorts.

My reason: I believe that the overall quality, fitment, finish, hardware and supportwith T/C and Knight is better than any other production ML.

M2C,

Tahquamenon