HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spanish vs American
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 AM
arcticap
Typical Buck

Default RE: Spanish vs American

To think that TC doesn't make some lemons is like living in a fairy tale. There was a thread on another site complete with pictures of the muzzle and bore of a TC Pro Hunter .50 X 209 that cost aguy $999 that looked terribly rough. He sent it back to TC and he still wasn't satisfied with the way that it lookedafter it came back, and he said that he would notbe buyingTC products again anytime soon.
The pictures on the thread are down now, but for those who areinterested in reading abouthis horror storyanyway, here it is:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=280251&highlight=omega

His final words:

"Re: the 50X209 barrel, the rifling is course for the final about 2", and it looks deformed by something. So, in terms of the barrel, appearances aside, I will wait to see how performance goes. When I pay $999.00 for a rifle, I expect a smooth barrel...especially from TC Arms. Their barrels were always like glass.

So, in sum, no, the replacement parts are not "quality". In fact, they are disappointing, and as I said, for that reason, I will not be buying any more TC Arms' products any time soon."

I've always liked and toutedTC's reputation, but after seeing those pictures and him still not being satisfied withit's replacement,it leadsa person to at least question some ofTC's quality. Maybe cheaper is sometimesbetter, and a good Spanish madegun is better than an American madelemon.