Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight Extreme owners? >

Knight Extreme owners?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Extreme owners?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Knight Extreme owners?

Anyone comment on this rifle - specifically for hunting in CO - meaning Conicals and open sights? Looking for information on:

accuracy
function (trigger, bolt)
cleaning ease
etc.

I see on the Knight website that it comes with two plugs, one that requires the 209 carrier and one that can accept a bare 209. Seems like a real nice gun.

And lastly, if you know about the Rolling Block (KRB) which one would you pick. The Rolling Block is about $50-100 less than the Extreme from what I can tell.

Thanks!
COElkScout
Colorado Springs, CO
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Knight Extreme owners?

COElkScout

Sent a couple PM's to UC and Wolfhound76 - to try to get some responses, both of these guys are great resources....

Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 PM

I don't know much about the KRB7. From what I saw in the catalog it looks like a nice gun. I don't know anything about cleaning it either. It is 209 fired with open sights. IIRC it's not set up for the full plastic jacket (red disc). I don't think the trigger is adjustable. If your interested in this one you could email Knight and have them scan the pages of the manual where it discusses cleaning it. Just explain that your trying to decide and it will help in your decision. http://www.knightrifles.com/ContactUs/default

The Disc Extreme on the other hand is a solid performer. My 50 Extreme is my favorite rifle so I'm probably biased. The Extreme is designed for the full plastic jacket however there's a new plug for 209's only. I don't have any experience with this plug. Cleaning is pull the bolt, disasemble it (easy) and pull the plug. Then clean the barrel and bolt. After season then pull the barrel and trigger off and clean that too. From the time I sight in till I'm done hunting I leave the barrel on. Use a good oil like CLP and you shouldn't have a problem.

Either one will shoot conicals very well. They both have Green Mountain barrels so there's no competition there.If I were in the market for another KnightI'd buy another Extreme since Knight doesn't have thumbhole stocks for the Rolling block yet. I'm a big thumbhole stock fan and won't buy anything unless it has one.But that's just me.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:06 PM

The thumbhole stock is a favorite of mine too and I saw the extreme w/ one for around $375 that I really liked.

Thanks for the input wolfhound. It sounded like from your response that the Extreme does have an adjustable trigger. I think you are right as well that the KRB does not, although it is fairly good out of the box as it is.

And thanks sabotloader for helping me get some feedback. I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on a purchase of one of these.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: COElkScout

Thanks for the input wolfhound. It sounded like from your response that the Extreme does have an adjustable trigger.
The Extreme trigger is adjustable. I thought I had included that. [&:]It's not user adjustable but the last I knew Knight would adjust them for free.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

(re: Extreme trigger) well of course it's user adjustable. But only two-way adjustable (no sear engagement).

Better order yourself some Bull Shop conicals before he takes the winter off. If you order now he'll get them to you pretty quick and you can't beat the pricing.

The Extreme is a good rifle but given Chris W's fine reports on the KRB7's accuracy, I've no doubt which I would choose.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

(re: Extreme trigger) well of course it's user adjustable. But only two-way adjustable (no sear engagement).
Well of course you'd adjust it. You've played with every trigger on every muzzleloader you owned though.