Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Need help with a Knight Disk Extreme >

Need help with a Knight Disk Extreme

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need help with a Knight Disk Extreme

Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Need help with a Knight Disk Extreme

I got a used Knight Disk Extreme, I got a owners manual from Knights Web sight.I get the rifle home I want to clean it so I take the bolt out, I had to use a allen wrench to get the bolt out. I never could get the bolt apart. I dont know what I turned, now I cant get the bolt back in the reciever. The manual they sent me says Disk C- Tooless Bolt.What can I do??
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need help with a Knight Disk Extreme

Did you use the C-tool when you took the bolt out? If not you have some problems.

Call Knight and see if they can mail you a couple of them C-tools (they are easy to loose). You might also have to send the bolt in to them so they can put that on a machine and cock it and set it.

The C-tool is used before you attempt to remove the bolt. It goes in behind the turn in/on safety. You then turn the safety in making connection to the C tool. And then as you twist it even more you will feel it cock the bolt. After that you can take the allen screw out and the bolt will twist apart.

If you have not turned the bolt apart, you have to line up a certain part of each of the two parts.. then the bolt will side back in the rifle. It is explained in the instructions. If you have taken the bolt apart, Knight can put it back together with out causing damage to it.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Nope I didnt use a c-tool. I just bought the rifle, with no instructions, no assesories. I got a owners manual for a disk extreme from Knight. The manual didnt say any thing about a c-tool. It said C-toolless Bolt removal. The good news is there is no rust in the barrel
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Dominant Buck

You have the old model disc rifle? Which requires the C tool or not? Other wise I cannot tell you what to do.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Cayugad I honestly dont know if I have the old style or new style? I used a allen wrench, unscrewd the allen screwand the bolt came out? How can a guy tell if they have the new style or old??
Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Dominant Buck

If you have a Disc Extreme, they do not require a C-tool. Punch off a email or PM to Wolfhound76. He knows everything about Knights you want to know. He could tell you how to do all of this.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Thanks Cayugad I do have the Disk extreme. I will try and PM him
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okie48

Wolfhond posted a picture in your older extremethread might look at it he talks about the differences there...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2236134

Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 PM

I saw the pictures of the two bolts on wolfhounds picture I have the toolless bolt
Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 AM

What you have is the middle version of Disc Extreme. It has the screw to hold the bolt in instead of the newer quick release. It comes with the non c-tool bolt.

I think I know what you did. It's a common mistake the first time you take apart the bolt. Screw the Secondary saftey all the way in, then when you can go no further the stainless portion should be able to uncrew from the rest. When you put it back together you have to make sure to get it aligned right.

If you look at the back of the silver part you'll see a little notch. If the bolt han dle is at 12 O'clock, then the notch is at 6 O'clock. If you look at the black part and loosten the safety you'll see there's a part that moves back and forth. On that part is a little "finger". To align the bolt properly the finger must be in the notch.

When you screw the silver piece on screw it in as far as it will go then back it off till the notch is over the finger. Thenloosen thethe safety and your bolt is aligned properly. A few times and you don't even think about it anymore.

Here's a scan of the page from the manual for you for reference.

Quick Reply: Need help with a Knight Disk Extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.