Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Apex

Old 03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Apex

outdoorslover I found the Omega to take more time to get where I wanted it to be than the Apex. Thats the funny thing about this sport, how one persons gun can be so different than the next. Like I said the Omega shoots good but so does the Apex but with more of a selection of bullets. Keep up the good work both you and frotier gander. Now if you guys want a real muzzleloader get a white(just giving you a hard time) Later.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 PM

What's there to discuss Frontier? I for one am sick of this discussion. You should go and find another hobby.

I would discuss this further but I am bored by this. You should be as well. It's gone on for too long.

I do have more to throw in but will restrain myself.I won't entertain you any longer today.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:57 PM

I honestly wouldnt mind having a white. Nothing but good things about them. Lately ive had the traditional feeling over the inline. Should beable to shoot my new .45 this weekend hopefully. Just really no need for another inline, The one i have now is getting it done very good.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

outdoorslover

Gotta tell you I shoot a lot of different ML's the closest thing I have/had to an Apex besides the Omega, was a CVA firebolt. And all of those rifles plastic fouling as indicated by FGwas a non issue and has not been a problem and I do do my share of shooting. The new polymereplastics have just about made that problem extinct... I have yet to use a wire brush in any of my inlines for any reason - to get plastic out or any other reason.

You are not the only person that has had problems with a CVA bore and you will not be the last and same can be said about TC bores or most any other company. FGand others have had great luck with their CVA's andmyself and a lot of others have had great luck with the Omega... YetRedhawk1 on another board swears the only thing worth having is a Encore.... Everybody has their favorites and should not have to defend their choices - It is my choice to shoot whatever I shoot...

Who knows????
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 PM

i was referring to the bullets being hard to load. But it will cause accuracy problems when u have to pound down on the bullet.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

Couldn't agree more - in most any rifle...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well its good to see all have agreed to disagree, in any event, be civil about it. Hey, as long as one is personally satisfied with his omega or apex, what else really matters? Its about having a great time shootin and huntin. There really isn't anything about the choice of rifle which matters beyond that. If one is enjoying his rifle, I saylet him enjoy it.

Oh I found another thing that shoots good in the Apex. The 295 PBs which I still have a stock of. Shoots them tighter than my Sidekick did. Bdeather, which bullshops did you have success with?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Pglasgow the 400s shot fairly decent and those are the ones I shoot because of the 400grn maxium limit BPI sets. I have shot a hanful of the 460grn ( I know a no no) and those things are awsome as far as accuracy. But I have the best conical shooter a person could own (White) so Imostly shoot sabots through it. When my daughter shoots it(she is 12) I have her shoot the 295grn hollow point all lead power belts for the ease of loading and those things are accurate as hell. I love that Apex of mine.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bdeather

Pglasgow the 400s shot fairly decent and those are the ones I shoot because of the 400grn maxium limit BPI sets. I have shot a hanful of the 460grn ( I know a no no) and those things are awsome as far as accuracy. . .
BPI makes Powerbelts at 444 grains and over 500 grains. Why not shoot 460's with less powder than that allowed with the 400's?I personally intend to try the 460's though I intend I use nomore than 70 grains 777 or 80 grains Goex. Maybe you should check with BPI and see what the maximum powder load is for a 444 PB.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too would encourage you to check with BPI about the heavier bullets. I did and their response was that the 150gr magnum loads were limited to 400gr max conical. For larger bullets up to the largest powerbelt (I think that is 530gr) the max powder load is 100 grains.

Like what was said, call or email them for confirmation of that info so you have it direct from the horses mouth.

Good luck with your gun, my son's Apex is a real shooter also.