Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading >

Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading

Old 10-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Which exact hunter or groupdo you want to decide? Would you like it if I decided for YOU? Probably not, and likewise I don't want you deciding for me. The ideas on what is "right" or "wrong" very greatly. Yes, each state needs to decide how to MANAGE there wildlife the best. Are they going to make EVERY person happy? No. Are they going to get it right all the time? No. Are many of these people incompetent and don't have a clue? Probably, but that doesn't mean I want you to decide.

Wow, don't you remember this question I tried to ask you regarding one of your QUOTES? Can you give some "evidence" or a link, or will chose to ignore again? I am still really interested in who these folks are.
If you had more common sense, then you would consider yourself as(1) of a million (hypothetical) that would like more say inthe decisionsthat your Wildlife/DNR governing body make..... not the other way around where these governing bodiesimplement stuff that most hunters would not approve - for no apparent good reason! We need to decidesome of thelegislations... not DNR Boards exclusively ruling over us with an iron fist.

All that other stuff you posted about asking for quote proof - needs to be addressed one-on-one. I missed your response to your earlier concerns about where I get my quotes from. Most are from messageboards - contained in whatever discussions of that day are. Some other quotes I give are from reviews, books, magazines... etc.

Would be nice if you stayed on topic... but then again, I have concern over your common sense.

[size=2]
Thompson Center Arms -- Triple Se7en Powder -- Buffalo Bullet Co.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:12 PM

Default RE: Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading

I've butted heads with Toby before but I do agree that scopes should be legal. If your state doesn't allow scopes on ML's then it shouldn't allow them on anything else. It is potentially discrimination. If so then the feds should withhold the funds.

Regarding roundballs, I'd have to fight him on that. I think everyone should be allowed to hunt with what they want.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Wolfhound76

"...If your state doesn't allow scopes on ML's then it shouldn't allow them on anything else. It is potentially discrimination..."
I want to ask a question and before I do, I'll firstsay that ifyou reviewed my post history, you'll see a clear trend that I do not argue, attack, etc...and Iam doing neither now...I'm simply interested in better understanding the above comment about scopes and discrimination...IE: what would be the basis for insisting that scopes be allowed in established ML seasons?

For example, scopes are notallowed on archeryequipment either...the common thread being that each season was established for use with socalled primitive weapons...short range, up close & personal style of hunting like our foire-fathers had to do...how would it be discrimination for any stateto continue those practices?
Old 10-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Pedersoli Co will be going the way of Austin & Halleck very soon!

Old 10-13-2006, 05:21 PM

Triple 7, why do I have to address you one on one and you can challenge someone else, when you think they are posting a bogus quote. I have asked you 2-3 times in that thread about who those "folks" were you quoted and you remain silence. If you missed it the other times, here is your opportunity to answer and shut me up. I doubt you will though.

I am personally glad scopes aren't allowed in my state. If they were allowed, I think many, many more would chose ML over general rifle season. My reasoning is selfish, just like many others'. Everyone wants the rules to benefit them and they way they want to hunt. For every 100 people no two's thoughts about everything will match.

Regarding discrimination. All the laws discriminate and are at the discression of someone making decisions. Should the speed limit be 50-55-60......or what. Well, there is no right or wrong answer, but someone has to decide. Should we just let everyone decide for themselves????? Just like many, many of these hunting regs. There is no right or wrong answer. Some people will never be happy about anything, instead of just making the best with what they have.

By the way,I am sorry for not having common sense, it's just the way I am.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been talking to Tony through e-mail for a while now and I have an understanding for his thoughts now. All he want's is inline to be allowed in the muzzleloading season. He also wants scopes allowed and I am not too much for that. What is the point in shooting 200yds? There is no challenge.

By the way, he is not trying to get of the roundball. He is not doing anything with the roundball. He is saying that if the traditionalist keep trying to push inlines away and not letting them hunt in the muzzleloader season then they might think about making energy restrictions. I do not see why they would get the roundball involved in this whole inline thing but why not just accept inlines? That is what the market is after.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Triple 7, why do I have to address you one on one and you can challenge someone else, when you think they are posting a bogus quote. I have asked you 2-3 times in that thread about who those "folks" were you quoted and you remain silence. If you missed it the other times, here is your opportunity to answer and shut me up. I doubt you will though.
What thread?

Wouldn't a smart person like youjust postthe threadlink or copy it here- instead of going thru three different replies of accusations? I don't have the time to be the last poster to look at every thread here. I generally skim thru posts/threads & read what's interesting to me. Sorry if I missed your questions - but in many posts you reply in, I don't find you interesting to read.

Besides! Wouldn't a smart person like you - who wants a specific answer from a specific poster - just email him/PM him instead?

That's what everyone else here does.... except you and your buddy Frontier Gander. Where's the common sense?

[size=2]
Thompson Center Arms -- Triple Se7en Powder -- Buffalo Bullet Co.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: roundball
I want to ask a question and before I do, I'll firstsay that ifyou reviewed my post history, you'll see a clear trend that I do not argue, attack, etc...and Iam doing neither now...I'm simply interested in better understanding the above comment about scopes and discrimination...IE: what would be the basis for insisting that scopes be allowed in established ML seasons?

For example, scopes are notallowed on archeryequipment either...the common thread being that each season was established for use with socalled primitive weapons...short range, up close & personal style of hunting like our foire-fathers had to do...how would it be discrimination for any stateto continue those practices?
First we have to define discrimination. Merriam Webster shows this definition:
1 a : the act of discriminating b : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently
2 : the quality or power of finely distinguishing
3 a : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment <racial discrimination>
In this case number 3a would be the discrimination happening here. By allowing scopes during thegeneral season but not during special seasons is de facto discrimination even if it isn't de jure discrimination. You mentioned archery season, well the same thing applies there too. Archery hunters should be able to use a scope if they wish.

Of course one could make an argument that having seperate seasons is also discrimination and I agree with that. I would much rather have deer season where any legal means is used to hunt deer. If you like using a muzzleloader, then use one. If you like bow hunting then use that. If you prefer cartridge firearms then by all means use them. I have no fear of another hunting tool just because it's different than mine.

But much as it applies to the situation, TheMerraim Webster Disctionary is just a book. The definition that mattersis given by the Departement of interior.

Discrimination includes: denial of services, aids, or benefits; provision of different service or in a different manner; and segregation or separate treatment. In addition, sex discrimination is prohibited in Federally assisted educational programs.
"Segregation or Seperate treatment", that sounds a lot like number 3a above.

Like I said, de facto discrimination.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:29 PM

My 30-30 shoots quite a bit flatter than my .50 cal. inline. The energy in the first 100-150 yards is close but beyond that there is no comparison.
MLKeith,

I took a quick look at the ballistics, take a look at the two links, we are both close enough to be right, my point was that inlines are real close to 30-30's. BTW, the Remington site has the 30-30 zero's @ 150 yards and the PRbullet site has them zero'd @ 100 yards, if the 30-30 was zeroed @ 100 the drop would be considerably more. I really like the 30-30 but consider it some sort of sin to scope a levergun..LOL

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/ballistics/comparative_ballistics_results.aspx?data=R30302

http://www.prbullet.com/drop.htm

Doug
Old 10-13-2006, 08:06 PM

As far as Pedersoli going under, I don't think their business is all that geared towards the ML'ghunting crowd, take a look at their site. Lots of repro cartridge guns and many of their ML'rs are aimed at guys who just like to shoot old styled guns. I guess it wouldn't hurt them if more people bought their guns for hunting.

I certainly do hope that their letter is self-serving as to selling more traditional styled guns, just as most of the other manufacturers have their own interests in mind when they promote their inlines. As far as i know, Pedersoli is the only manufacturer to come right out and state that inlines have postituted the ML'g seasons. What ever side you take, speak your mind, and Pedersoli has done that.

Are inline hunters lazy? Probably not many who take the time to post here and boards like this one. Most of the inline posts I read hereare by knowledgeable shooters and gun nuts-(guy who like guns). I'm afraid it's not the same story in my personal life. I've been ML'r hunting with the same 15 or so guys for the past 20 years. In past years, most of them would start practicing and working up loads in late August/early September, just about every Sunday we would meet at a farm and shoot. I am the only traditional shooter left and not one of these guys has shot his gun all year. Most will start two Sundays before the opening day, a few will wait until the last Sunday, and atleast one still has his gun loaded from last season and will just go hunting. Why don't they practice, because they feel with inlines and scopes, they don't need much. It's just like the last weekend before Gun season starts, your local range is overcrowded with guys who will fling a few rounds down range and proclaim their gun "good e'nuff". Are these guy's lazy, I think so, but they can generally get away with it because with inlines, scopes, pellets and sabots, things don't change that much from year to year as far as their gun's performance. What I do see happening is more wounded deer, not because of inlines, but these same guys. They now have a gun and scope that enables them to shoot farther, because they don't practice alot, they rely on what they have heard, read, or imaginedwhen it comes to long range shots. 15 years ago, after a days hunt I might hear one of them say that a certain deer was just out of his range, now I hear the same guy say something like, yeah, it was pretty far but this gun is supposed to shoot that far so I gave it a try.....Give it atry???on a deer???

So this year I'm hunting somewhere else, with a guy who feels like I do. It's not how big the rack is, or how many you pile up, it's about sure kills and having fun. Have fun all.

Doug

Quick Reply: Pedersoli Co. drops support of Toby Bridges due to his extreme views on Muzzleloading

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.