Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Triple 777 vs. Pyrodex >

Triple 777 vs. Pyrodex

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triple 777 vs. Pyrodex

Old 11-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Holy thread resurrection Batman.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
LOL i just have to laugh when someone bumps a 12yr old topic and the person they are responding to hasn't even been around for 8yrs.
Originally Posted by falcon
Holy thread resurrection Batman.
At least someone is reading these threads! LOL. Forums have just about gone the way of the Dodo Bird because of Social Media.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HuntingCrazy
At least someone is reading these threads! LOL. Forums have just about gone the way of the Dodo Bird because of Social Media.
I find that interesting coming from somebody who has posted 4 times in the last 7+ years. 3 of those posts being today. It not exactly like you are new to this forum. Contribution is a 2 way street. Just reading for the last 7+ yrs isnt much of a contribution now is it?
Old 12-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Spike

Default Triple 7 disadvantages

One disadvantage of Triple 7 that I've found is that if you leave your gun loaded with Triple 7 pellets for several days (here in WI, we have a 9-day firearms season, then a 9-day muzzleloader season, so my gun could stay loaded 18 days if I don't get a shot!), it will draw moisture and may not fire. I've had this happen multiple times over 3 years with both a T/C Encore and a Vortex pistol (Traditions). At the end of my hunting season, I'd fire the gun and either the bullet would almost fall out the barrel or I'd get a big flash of white smoke and a squib load downrange! I don't recalll ever having this issue with Pyrodex. I'm thinking about going to Pyrodex but I like not having to clean the gun right away after a shot (I do miss now and then, or if I get a deer, I normally have tags for several more). Triple 7 definitely forms a tarry crud in the breech area after a few shots. Takes a bit of elbow grease to clean. Good luck!