Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for some meat...

Old 05-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking for some meat...

I have been looking into a bison harvest for some good meat. I was hoping to pay less than $600 for a cow/young bull. Any one have some pointers? I seem to remember an older thread like this, but I cannot locate it.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for some meat...

I found this one in Kansas. Start out at $750.

http://www.buffalocommons.net/
Old 05-01-2005, 02:08 PM

are u close to wyoming? just south of newcastle wher i live, there are a couple ranches. i cut them up for one of the ranches. he charges $600.00 and u can ask huntnmuleys how good they are,he shot one last feb. and he should be on the sight about 5:00 mountain time. he will be abl to give u all the info!

270's i like them, i just don't own one!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

call this guy, you wont be sorry
claude smith
307-663-7645
like manboy said, he is about 30 miles south of newcastle wyoming. he probably wont do any more this spring, he usually shuts down in febuary, because the hides start rubbing off, and ya want a good hide to tan. i dont know what he will charge next fall/winter, but im sure he will be one of the most resonable around, and he has some big animals. i dont think he uses anything other than just the prairie grass (he has like 16,000 acres) and cake for feed.
best tasting meat i have ever tried, and he is a helluva nice guy, give em a call

brad
Old 05-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt - do you have the name of the ranch. I have family in south central Wyoming, and have been in that area a few times, and seem to remember a bunch of buffalo being there between Lusk and Newcastle. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

i think the name of his ranch or bison business is cheyenne river bison, but im not sure. i dont think the business name is even listed in the phone book, but when i went there he gave me a brochure with i believe that name on it. it had a bunch of marinade recipes in it, but i never looked at it, i just grill it plain.
i do know it is located 4 miles west on the cheyenne river road. does that help??

brad
Old 05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm...

I don't know, I just remember seeing a bunch of buffalo around there when I went to Mt. Rushmore about 6 years ago. I also remember seeing a bunch when I was in the area again 4 years ago on fires. Thought maybe that was the same area, but don't know exactly. I will look and see what I can find. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! I was looking into it because we didn't do too well in the utah big game draw(they also lost my application![:@]). Still have the antlerless as well as wyoming. Thanks for the info! I like the sound of that wyoming one, not far at all!