Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VaSavage270
Hello, guess I missed the cutoff date due to my schedule nevertheless wish you all much success withing the season. VaSavage270 David been around since 03 I'll check in to see your progress time to time my archery season kicks off Oct. here. Happy Trails....
David sign up on the alternate list i think there are teams who still need members. Sorry you missed the cut off. Had to follow the rules. good luck this fall.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Curtis,

I been really busy lately which will slow down cause of deer season lol... Heck yea im pumped and ready to get out in the treestands.. Im hanging the last of my treestands tomorrow and goin to check a few other game cams and clear a few access trails..

The winter rye and winter wheat food plots are doing good and the deer n turkey are in them all the time already. I will try to get a few pics posted from the game cam check over the weekend on a few other ones.

I have bucks fighting on cam already which is kinda odd maybe but i think they are starting to get there peaking order set up from outta there summer groups. I seen one rub show up already and all the bucks I have gotten on cam but a couple are outta velvet. Way more bucks starting to show up now even though the crops arent out yet... Definitely think the cooler temps have em moving alot more..
Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Erik- sounds like your cams are working well for you. Looks like the first weekend of season has a cold front coming so hopefully we will have some deer moving. I checked my camera on a fence line that goes next to my stand and had 87 photos in three days. None of the mature big boys but lots of young ones and big does. I'm thinking the mature bucks walk in the corn a few rows so when the corn gets out hopefully I'll start seeing them. I am planning on trying to shoot the doe that is in my back yard every night on the opener. I had bucks fighting last year at this time too so maybe it is just for showing dominance.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Curtis, we haven't had any signs of EHD on the land that I hunt or the neighboring properties. I know we do have it in the county where we hunt but seems to not be too bad this year. We had a good rain down there last week so that should have helped. Plus we have a creek running through the property that has a few springs in it. While I was out there a couple weeks ago every time I looked in the creek it had a spot with water in it. with those little spots of water everywhere it really helps. Plus its a creek with a lot of gravel so I think it helps not give a breeding ground for the midge that spread it. Plus, it has a lot of frogs in it so I hope they eat all the midges.

Got two decent bucks on my local trail camera at my urban spots. I'll probably be going after them either a week from today or tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday are shot for me opening weekend, my brother is throwing me a local bachelor party. Already had a big one in Vegas so all the guys with families that couldn't go can party a bit with me. After that though, all hunting until the wedding!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple local bucks I've been getting pics of for a couple months. They've been running together but I think they should split up soon. Sorry for the zoomed in pictures, my dad crossbow hunts this spot a lot more than I do so I blow the pics up and send them too him. I'm hoping that he gets one and I gets one and he puts a dent in the doe population. No one hunts these deer other than us, its a small spot that doesn't have any other legal spots to hunt near it. The people who live around there want the deer population thinned out and we're happy to help!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Those are some nice looking 8pts
Old 09-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be going for the top one this Thursday and/or Friday. He's an 8 with a inside kicker on his right antler and I've never shot a deer with a kicker like that. My dad sits about 30 yards away from me in a ground blind with his crossbow. Its a small piece of land but fun to sit so close. Deer come from one direction, they are his. The other, they are mine. We've both shot deer out there but not together. Hopefully friday is the day.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck!!! Came home today to see the only corn left to be harvested is the corn next to my tree stand so hopefully some of the bucks move into it. 4 more days until opener. Should be able to put a hit on a doe the first morning or evening. and Thursday I get to sit in the best stand at this time. Hopefully my big boys will start showing up.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM
car
Typical Buck

Well tomorrow is opening day. Let the games begin lol
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

Ron I hope you had a good opening day.. 3 more days for me. Checking cameras tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.