Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 01-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck...keep us updated
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks.

Sat a new spot this afternoon because of the north wind. All I saw was squirrels and ducks. Tomorrow the wind will let me get back into one of my honey-holes.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chief, Good luck to you! Hopefully you can score at least a doe! I'd like to win this thing and keep our team together for next year!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well teammates, I did get my doe but it looks like it's not going to help us. I hunted hard for that doe.

The WMA I was hunting is Mike Freeze Wattensaw, about an hour east of Little Rock, Arkansas. This place gets a LOT of pressure and those deer are very well educated.

This time of the year the does are in pretty large groups, not moving much during daylight hours and when they are moving they are wound up very tight.

Hunting those Wattensaw does right now is like hunting a big buck. You don't get to make a single mistake.

Anyway, I think that may be it for me. The Arkansas season runs until the end of February and I do still have one tag. The weekends of 15 and 22 February look to be awesome according to the solar/lunar calendar so I may go back out then, but my heart isn't in it any more.

Maybe I'll just shift my focus to bass fishing now. I love cold weather bass fishing.

Last edited by LittleChief; 01-27-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:27 PM
car
Typical Buck

I would love to put us, team 11 over the top but, the deer heard here in Ohio is already on the down side. Besides I've taken 3 deer already this season. One with a bow, muzzleloader, and shotgun. Sorry guys,
car
Old 01-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

It's okay Ron, no reason to put a contest in the way of your own goals.