Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 09-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Ron, at least you know you're in the right area. I have no clue what I have in store for me in the morning. Going to hit the hay now. Good night, good luck every one.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Doe and the Water Buffalo! (Hmm, thats a sentence I never thought I would say!) Good to see some points on the board! I don't think I'm going to make it out until Friday but if the weather is in the 80s I may have to pass. Good luck to you guys in the morning! I just got done texting my buddy and letting him know what stand I think is best in the AM.

October 1st is Finally here!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys my buck walked by this morning....15 minutes before shooting hours. Looks like the next sit will be tomorrow evening.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

saw 9 does and a button buck tonight all out farther than 150 yards. I know where to be set up tomorrow night though. I didn't want to go to my good stand because I didn't get home from my practical exam until 5.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

I am deciding to save my best stand until Saturday. We have a cold front moving through then dropping temps 20+ degrees.. Tonight I'll sit on the fence row all the does were at last night and tomorrow morning I will be sitting in a stand I sat in early in youth season. Have had great encounters there and hoping something will be out and about.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Havent really seen anything. Its way to hot and with all the crops still in its just a bad combo.. This weekend that big cold front is moving in and the lows are going to be in the 30s. That should really get them moving.. Friday evening they should start moving ahead of the front and then throughout the cold temps of the weekend. Cant wait for the crops to come out that will push all the deer into my areas big time. Not sure what kinda winter we are going to have this year but if we have a bad one my food plots should be pretty busy with traffic..
Old 10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Might hit my urban spot on Sunday. I have my Chicago Bachelor party (I already had one in Vegas) Saturday night so we'll see how I feel Sunday. With the cool front coming in I think the deer will really be moving. I'm going to check my camera tomorrow and see what we have in the last week. I'm looking for the buck I posted on here but there is still a 10 point we had on camera in early July that we haven't gotten another picture of yet. It would be good to see him again. I know if any deer walks in front of my dad he'll be letting the crossbow work. He's a meat hunter and after a poor year for him last year with just a small doe and about 25 sits he's ready for a little more action!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Should be a good one for us midwest guys. Having a cold front move through tonight and tomorrow. Looked at the rain gauge from last nights storms we got close to 3 inches and there is more on the way. Tomorrow morning should be a great morning to get out.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Curtis it definitly should be a great weekend.. Im going in the morning and evening both days this week.. The deer should be up and moving in the morning after all these storms and cold temps set in tonight.. I got all my stands done completely and all my food plots in ... Just sit back in em and wait for that big buck now..

Good luck to everyone else aswell... Lay the smack down on a swamp donkey
Old 10-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

I sat tonight and saw 6 does.. They started to harvest the field right next to my stand there so I think I may hunt a different place in the morning and sneak back in in the afternoon.. Glad to finally get some full sits in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.