Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

It's been slow on here lately so thought I might try to get everyone to talk.
Fastetti-Those are some good looking bucks. How's your properties doing with EHD? Mine are clear of it so far this year. We need a frost though.

BigDaddy12t-How has the season been so far? Any new bucks on camera?

BigCountryHunter-10 more days until the opener.. I don't know about you but I'm pumped. The heat has seemed to drop for awhile and finally got some rain.

Obsessed bowhunter-How has your season been? Seen anything.

LittleChief-How have your sits been?

foxfire66-Have you caught up to that big guy yet? Any photos of him out of velvet?

car-Hope your bear hunt is going well. Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story.

ahunter55-I'm sure you'll get a chance this year. And you'll contribute to the team I'm sure. Even does are worth 25 pts.

goalie35-See anything this weekend? Seems like you are hunting hard already.

This weekend has been a nice weekend to be out in the stand with the neighbor last night we had two does at 40yards but he wants to get a buck this year so he opted to pass them. Too bad bow season isn't for another 9 days. Have a couple of stud bucks patterned on my bow property and hopefully will be able to catch up to them next Thursday when the wind is right.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:59 PM
car
Typical Buck

I'm back from bear hunting.. Got a nice one in NH.I'll post pictures later. Deer season starts this Sat for me. Good luck to all!!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the bear!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, my season has not been very productive this year. Opening weekend was last weekend, but didnt get out at all. Had some serious family problems to take care of. Went out last night for the first time. Saw 2 little 4 points in the beans behind me. Got a lot of video of them. Then shortly after 6, I had a nice doe come out, and she offered me not 1, but 2 awesome shot chances, and I passed them both, even tho I had a bonus doe tag in my pocket. No idea why I let her walk other then have never been able to shoot anything on my first sit of the year. I am really kicking myself now for letting her walk!!! Oh well, too late now... Went out tonight, and saw 6 does, but no shot opportunities. Not sure I will get out at all this week. By the time I get home from work, I am really pushing it time wise.I would be able to get in a stand before 5. Then next weekend, I am planning 1 more long motorcycle ride before it gets too cold. Good luck to anyone out hunting this week.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

My opener is the 1st. Will make opening day just to get the "itch" scratched. Packing gear today & heading out tomoorw for a Water Buffalo hunt. Congratulations on the Bear. Bowhunted them many times & always a thrill having one come within Bow range. Good Luck all. Oh, I don't take Does much anymore though I have several chances every year-I leave them for the shotgunning kids..
Later, back to packing.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
car
Typical Buck

Here is a picture of my bear I shot in NH.
Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-bear-2013-006.jpg
Old 09-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Its still early doe season here in wmu 2b in western pa. Went out yesterday eveing and had a really awesome encounter with 2 bucks. One was probably in the mid 130's and the other in the lower 120's. Now if only that can happen in about two weeks from now lol..
Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted two weekends in Kentucky. Unfortunately the corn has all still been in the fields. I've seen a total of 9 deer so far - all does and fawns, but none within bow range. Twice I thought I might get a chance, but it didn't work out.

I'll be hunting here in TN this weekend and then next weekend it'll be back to KY. The corn should be picked and I've sat and watched enough now to have a good idea where I need to be on the 4th. It should be interesting.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Ron, that's a good looking bear. Congrats.

Anthony, I know how that is I've been taking a youth hunter out and we have had two mature does at 30 yards I could have smoked if it was doe season. Good luck on your doe hunt.

Johnny, the corn is still in here in Iowa they are finally starting to pick seed corn hopefully beans and field corn are picked in the next couple weeks.

7 more days until archery opener here in Iowa.. I'm taking the camera out tonight to scout. And going to check a trailcam to see if I need to adjust it again. I will have a perfect wind next Thursday and Sunday to sit in the stand that I've been seeing some really nice bucks so hopefully luck is in my favor.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hello, guess I missed the cutoff date due to my schedule nevertheless wish you all much success withing the season. VaSavage270 David been around since 03 I'll check in to see your progress time to time my archery season kicks off Oct. here. Happy Trails....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.