Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread >

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Community

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Took fri and monday off, spend roughly 16-18 hrs in the stand... Saw nothing! Hunted some thick woods near a bean field that had tracks all over, spend time in two different trees there, near a creek/ crossing. Also spent two mornings in my ravine, I only have a 6pt on camera down there, but havent seen him in person. Not looking good. My neighbor about 3 miles away shot a 8pt the other night... (ive never seen this deer on camera) and he was unable to recover it, hit it high and center... Im guessing he hit a void/ poor shot from buck fever
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in a tree all day Saturday and Sunday morning. I saw nothing but spikers and does. It was really hot in South Dakota-there wasn't a lot of movement during the day. Things will pick up. Everyone stay after it!

I did work on the avatar. I have it stored on my office computer. If my work schedule allows time, I'll try to get it up today.

I'm off to Texas this weekend. Hopefully, I'll get on a dandy there-I would like to shoot a rio too!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Spike

Hey I think I was suppose to be on team 11. I had to work friday saturday and sunday. and I spent monday and today in the woods, so did i miss my chance to check in or what??
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out Thursday evening, Friday morning, Saturday morning, and Saturday evening. Then it will be Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Hopefully by then I will have doe #2 to add and who knows, maybe one of my hit listers will just happen to stroll past unawares. Good luck to all.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys,

<<<<<<what do you think?

I will add everyone's name if it's ok!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good to me, I say let's go with it.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok then, everyone send me a private message with your email address. I will send back your personalized avatar as a Jpeg attachment.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's looking pretty good here at the hospital for me to get off at 5 so I can get out in the morning.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

posted this on the bow hunting forum but i have had some thin sliced deer jerky in the food dehydrator for 4 hours set on 160 degrees is it safe to eat or does it need more time?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Friday morning I grazed a doe. She was quartering away hard and her fawn started acting up because he caught me moving. She immediately stiffened up. I knew I had to hurry my shot because I had a small window. Just as I was about to shoot she whirled to the left and I couldn't stop the arrow. I watched it graze her side. My arrow only had hair and a couple small pieces of fat on it, no blood. Those were the only 2 I seen on Friday morning. Saturday morning I was out again and I seen 16. The one large group that was coming my way looked pretty good until somehow this matriarch doe spots me. She simply looked at me sideways a couple of times, stomped her foot once and turned and walked back the direction they came from. She took the whole group with her. I will be going back out this evening. Then I won't be getting back out until Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Good luck to all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.