Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread >

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Community

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well only a few days left until most of us are in stand! The weather conditions are looking pretty good compared to years past. Here in IL it is supposed to be sunny with a high of 60 and a low of 39. It has rained the past 2 days, I was kind of hoping it would be dry so the farmers could get alittle more corn out of the fields but you just have to adapt.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and I seen 21 deer. Most all of them were between 100-120 yards away. i could not tell if they were bucks or does. I'm sure most of them were does, but there were 4 or 5 of them with very large bodies. They very well could have been bucks. I will also be going out Wednesday morning and again on Thursday evening. After that I won't be able to get out again until Monday morning .
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

i went out this morning seen a doe and a 115 inch or so 7 pt passed him up. he just wasn't big enough to end the season on. i will be back out sunday tues and Wednesday
Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and I seen 4 does which were all too far away. I could have taken out a cat and a raccoon but I decided to pass on them. I will be getting back out Thursday evening then not again until Monday morning.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't have much luck this evening. I seen 2 does, black, gray, and fox squirrels, a baby raccoon, and about a million chipmunks. Now I won't be able to get back out until Monday morning. Good luck to the rest of you!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have we made any progress on the avatar. Let's get one done. I thought the one with the buck and the arrow looked good. Maybe someone can add in our names all around it.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well today was the opener and the weather here isnt to good.I had plans this morning and went out this afternoon intill dark with the wind howling,it was pretty bad but couldent give up the opener cause of some wind.The Temp was perfect at 7c ,just the wind.
Saw a doe and 2 fawns,fed 20 yards from me,wind caught my back and mom new something wasnt right,kept looking right at me-lol-fed some more,looked again,stomped her foot and her and the fawns just walked off.
Back out tomorrow afternoon and all day Wednesday and Thursday.

Good luck everyone
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well It was a pretty active opening weekend for me. I saw a total of 19 deer this weekend. 4 bucks and 15 doe's. None of the doe's came into range. All 4 of the bucks showed up at the same time 20 yrds away but they were all tiny. If I wasn't in this contest I would have shot one of them because to me meat is meat and gun season is usually when I look for bigger bucks. Anyways I am pretty excited about the season and I think our deer population in my area is doing better compared to past years.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

well we have been building a deck and porch on to the house this weekend but i was able to make it out this morning for a couple hours and seen a whole lot of coons not one dang deer but i will be able to start deer hunting every day from here on out until we have hunters come in so hopefully i can get one on the ground before the 24th of October. or it will have to be after the two camps then until rifle season.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and got caught in a fairly heavy rain. I finally got down about 10 til 8 after not seeing anything. As I was leaving in my truck out the long driveway I saw 2 small bucks and 3 pretty nice size does. I won't be able to get back out now until Thursday evening. Good luck to everyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.