Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread >

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Community

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Spike

Whoo Hoo! I finally have a bow in my hands again. After a month and a half or so, I finally got one yesterday. I had tried out some bows at our bow shop and found one I liked but they had to order one in I could take home. It took over 3 weeks and I finally got the call it was in. I got there and it was the wrong one! I shot it anyway just to see and decided it still liked the other better so he reordered it. almost 2 weeks later it's still not in and he cant get anyone to return his calls on it (one unhappy shop owner and one unhappy customer), so I told him to set up the other bow they had shipped and I would just take it. With only 1 week from season start I have to have something I can get broken in and tuned in to me and my shooting before then. I now have a Bowtech Assasin and i'm ready for the count down to begin. One week from today!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day and i will be eating some deer trail real soon!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-shawns-doe2.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-shawns-doe1.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-shawns-doe3.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-shawns-doe4.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-shawns-doe5.jpg  

Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Shawn!

I went out last night and helped a friend get his first bow kill deer. He made an awesome shot on a 40 yard broadside muley doe. We were hunting right at timberline (12,000 above sea level). The elk were bugling all around us. Being in the woods last night was so cool!

This morning, I had five coyotes go past just outside bow range. Then, I ran into eight bucks-two were good solid 4x4s. Sadly, they stayed on private ground where nobady can hunt. I was ready for them had they jumped the fence.

Tomorrow is the last day of Colorado's archery season. I'm heading back out tonight and will hunt all day tomorrow.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 09-24-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck out there Will, hope you nail one of those big boys!!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know how to change the thread name? I sent 2 PM's to the mods and haven't heard anything back.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shawn,

Go to your very first post and edit the title (hit the edit button down at the bottom). I think that will do the trick.

I found a rack tonight to die for...I'm sure a mt. lion got this monarch. I'll post pictures tomorrow...

I saw three smallish bucks, nothing I was willing to shoot.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Joe, have you worked any more on that avatar? I thought it looked good so far.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Well I didn't know what else to do to it. Like I said I don't really know how to use photo shop. I found that picture and just added "team A11-In" below it. So if you want to add stuff to it somebody else will have to do that. I kinda like it the way it is.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joe,

I'll give it a go tomorrow. I really like the simple design...maybe just a splash of color and it will be good to go.

The archery season Closed in Colorado today. I was skunked-I'm eating tag soup. However, my efforts yeilded a one in a million find-I'm elated. I guessing this old monarch was nailed by a mountain lion.

I'll be hunting whities in South Dakota next weekend.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a hell of a find.Nice buck.
Congrats Shawn

1 more week to go and I will be sitting up in my tree.I am so pumped I am driving the wife nuts-lol.Weather is really cooling off here in the evenings and had a few mornings already with a good frost.
Good luck everyone

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.