Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know DTC, you should get a Neb tag just in case. You know it would be awesome if you and jr get a double.

Good luck with the bow Zubba. I told myself that after I got a bird with the gun that I'd go back to trying with the bow. But I would really like to keep this team next year so I'm just hanging the bow up til deer season.

Drove by my hunting spot this morning on my way to a jobsite and seen 4 gobblers struttin next to an old farm building. So they are still in there. Might have to buy that 3rd tag for this weekend. Still have til the end of May, but I'm just getting started on building an addition to the house, an upstairs laundry room for the wife, and my 3 year old is anxious to go fishing. So time is starting to really fill in with other activities.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Get that boy better DTC and good luck to ya in NE. I am going to try to get out Friday morn and Saturday morn but the weather looks pretty iffy again. They are predicting 40 mph winds again and more rain Sat and Sun.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If thats the case kelly, then try to find a lower field treeline. Not sure of your options down there though. But you can always try stalking???? Only so many days in a hunting season so good luck to ya if you get out!!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

There might be a few places to go out there to get kinda out of the wind but for the most part it is wide open prairie with some wooded draws and a few creeks. Its like 30,000 acres but is spread out over 100 different units. Most of the roosts are on private but i can get to within a couple hundred yards of in the morning. As long as the wind stays low at night I should be able to get them to come my way (I hope...lol) At this point a bearded hen or jake is taking a dirt nap if it comes within 30 yards..
Old 04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
At this point a bearded hen or jake is taking a dirt nap if it comes within 30 yards..
I like that attitude
Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Bad weather and wind definately sucks!!! But use it to your advantage, it means fewer hunters and also means the birds will concentrate more in certain areas.If you have a huge area to hunt bad weather should help you eliminate a big chunk of it. If its dryer, less windy and easier to move around for you, its the same for the birds.
Again, I know it sucks hunting this crap weather we are havng this year and i salute all who still are goin after em spite the weather!!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone have an idea what the standings are right now?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
Anyone have an idea what the standings are right now?

I tried to figure it out the other day and we are just a little over 300, 303 and some change i think, wich if i figured it right keeps us in first by a descent bird or so

I just got off the phone with Iowa Jaybird, He's still hard at it in Kansas, tomorrow is his last day there and this morn he got on a real good bird, watched him nail a bunch of hens, and thinks he's got him figured out for his a.m. setup. Hope to hear from him again tomorrow with some good news!

If i get a chance later i'll try and re figure the score and find out for sure where we stand, it's kinda tough to do tho cause a lot of guys have shot birds but their captains have not reported them on the scoring thread, but will do my best to figure it out.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Ok Mottz here ya go
not 100% but pretty sure this is right, lot of birds not reported yet but i think i got em all

1st-Team 10-316.0625
2nd-Team 13-260.16
3rd-Team 9-255.848+1 bird with no stats
4th-team 1-230.875
5th-Team 4-224.125

so its really close, team 9 should really be in 2nd and their missing bird stats have to only be over 60.2 to take the lead
Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the update j! Its a close race so whoever is still hunting (me included) need to get some birds down. Keep having fun though, thats what its all about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.