Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats j76. We'll take it for sure. Some gobblers aren't much over 17lbs and the double beard will help make up for the spurs. Congrats again.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zubba
Congrats j76. We'll take it for sure. Some gobblers aren't much over 17lbs and the double beard will help make up for the spurs. Congrats again.
Agreed. We needed the score. Glad you got it done. The weather has been brutal all over all of a sudden.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

congrats j76 its a gobbler .im still after them here trying again in am if my car dont break again and put me out for 2 days .got the sticker also .hope to help team score tommarow gl all who are still out.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats.. I'm with ya. If a jake would have stepped out I would have taken it as well.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice j!! A double beard is great. Remember this also. This is a team but its also personal. If you are happy with what you take, we will be happy for ya. At least you're not going on 5 weeks with nothing to show like this Mottz guy. We need that guy off the team I still have til the end of May so don't count me out quite yet. And good luck to everyone out there whos goin out!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Well we are one short. I checked on Gobbling Buck's posts, and evidently he doesn't know he's on this team. He thought after he was too late to be on team 13, he wasn't on another team. He had some computer problems. He has already shot a bird, and we could have used the score. I take it Signman is still with us?
Old 04-20-2011, 04:23 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Jay, I have tried every possible way to contact Gobbling Buck and have heard nothing. Yes, Signman is still with us, I'll keep you guys updated if anything happens with him. He has till the end of the month to get it done and I know he will do his best. He could have popped a jake when i shot mine but held off for something bigger, hope it pays off for him!

Thanks for all the comments guys, thats by far the biggest jake i've ever shot...if that counts for anything.. I do know he will taste great and was an exciting hunt!! Signman did an excellent job of calling, he had the one hen fired right up and sounded exactly like her!!

Mottz, Kelly, and Mud, keep at em guys!!! I think the weather all over the country has been terrible this year and makes it real tough! My Dad will be up tomorrow and I'm gonna do my best to put him on his first bird. My Bro in-law is on team 4 and if he don't get it done by the weekend might try to get out with him next week and try to video a little bit.

Well we had thunder, lightening and snow last night!! lost power from 11pm till 7:30 this morn and now for some reason i have no water!! So I went from sittin in the sun Monday afternoon huntin turkeys to climbin into a crawlspace in a snow storm!! Sometimes life just aint fair!!! Well, I better get down there and see what kind of a mess i'm gettin myself into, wish me luck guys!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will see if I can find a way to contact Gobbling Buck too.

My season opened today and I have until May 15th. Weather was crappy today, but should be nice tomorrow. Planning on heading out then. Hopefully the birds cooporate. Good luck everyone.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe Gobbling Buck's name is Jay Clement and here is his phone number: 205-280-3670. I will try to call him today. Has anyone tried this yet?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I got to shoot this big ole MO gobbler off my jake mobile decoy. It was one of the coolest hunts I have ever had. He weighed 25 lbs, 10 1/2" beard, and 1 1/8" spurs. Can't wait til next Monday to get back out there with DTC Jr.
Attached Thumbnails Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers-hartville.k12.mo-1-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.