Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will try giving gobbling buck a call again tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I almost forgot about the little excitement I had Friday while getting set up. I put all the dekes out found a real nice tree, sat down, laid my box call down and low and behold there is a nice fat black widow sittin right beside me. Needless to say I found a different tree....lol I don't so much mind spiders but when it comes to black widows I don't want anything to do with em.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Hope they work some magic for ya Kelly! Good luck!!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Just was checking the other teams posts, once they get all birds reported and updated team 13 is gonna have us for first by about 27 pts. We need to BRING THE HEAT BOYS!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

27 pts, thats possible. We still have time. The bonus is we are leading views and posts
Old 04-26-2011, 05:18 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Ok, I just noticed something. Team 2 has a member who checked in and hasn't been heard from since, but recently posted a kill on the regular turkey forum, sound familiar???? Turkey Goddess, team 2's captain took his pic and stats and went ahead and posted his score in the contest anyway. I know we dont have any stats on Gobbling Bucks bird but i'm pretty sure a mature tom with no stats is worth 30 pts. If Zubba can't get a hold of GB soon, would you guys like me to look into seeing if we can't do this? I was thinking if GB didn't show up oh well we will just have to do it with 9 guys, but now it getting tight for the lead, i'm really leaning towards doing this. I say we give Zubba another day or so to see if he can't come up with some stats and if not we try for the 30 pts. What do you guys think??????????
Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heres the rule.

If you aren't able to score your quarry for whatever reason, identify if your bird is a Hen, Bearded Hen, Jake, or Tom, and you can use this table if you're unable to score:

1. Hens 10 points,
2. Bearded Hens 15 points,
3. Jakes 20 points,
4. Gobblers 30 points.

I would guess that we could score it???? But without a pic how do we even know GB got a bird.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a thread with Gobbling Bucks bird. I tried a couple times today with no luck. Give me until tonight.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
Heres the rule.

If you aren't able to score your quarry for whatever reason, identify if your bird is a Hen, Bearded Hen, Jake, or Tom, and you can use this table if you're unable to score:

1. Hens 10 points,
2. Bearded Hens 15 points,
3. Jakes 20 points,
4. Gobblers 30 points.

I would guess that we could score it???? But without a pic how do we even know GB got a bird.

All i would have to do is copy and paste the pic from the thread he started on the turkey forum. Hate to do it like that cause 30 pts is prob about only half of what it should score but right now 30 pts would keep us on top. If anybody has any reservations about doing itlike that i can pm turkey goddes and make sure its cool to do it but i'm sure it would be fine. Also we don't have to do it RIGHT now, we can give it a little time and see what happens.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a hold of Jay (Gobbling Buck). Real nice guy and in our 10 minute chat, I can tell he is a turkey hunting addict like the rest of us.

Innocent mistake, he didn't realized he was placed on a team, so didn't pay much attention to the boards. But he said he would try to pop on an check out the team thread. His season ends this weekend, so he is going to be giving it one last go. Anyways, here are his birds specs.

22 lbs
3/4" Left Spur
3/4" Right Spur
10" Beard

Thanks Jay & nice talking to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.