Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats to Jr. DTC!!!!!! Thats a fine lookin bird!!! Well looks like a lot of us will be hittin the woods next Monday, cant wait!!!! Picked up a brand new spot last night at Wal-Marts . Guess that store is good for somethin after all!! Ran into a couple I know there, they live about 30 min south of me and have 80 acres. Say they have seen some toms, never been there so don't know anything about the prop and gonna have a hard time gettin there to check it out in the next week but will try. So I figure by mid next week TEAM 10 is gonna be puttin a serious hurtin on the competition!!! Lets get it on guys!! Good Luck everyone!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell Jr. nice job from last years teammate! Now we need to see if the ole man can still show Jr. up Good luck to you also zubba and j. I'd hate to be waiting while seeing everyone else putting birds down. Make it count when you guys are out there. And I'll try to take my own advice there
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

A week from today starts Michigans season, and ill finally be able to contribute (hopefully). Wont make it out opening day, gotta work, but ill be out the next 2.

Good luck to those who are hunting right now.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck kds!!! Hope to hear a good story from ya! I was just noticing, that as of now, our team is 2nd in replies. So that means we are doing an awesome job of BS'n! Lets not only win this contest, but lets win with the most replies. Anyone up for it?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I'm actually a bit nervous about my Kansas hunt. I'm doing the setup/guide for a Public land video hunt, and a guy is coming from Minneapolis to do the video. He video taped last weekend in Wisconsin for a youth hunt, and the 2 boys doubled on Jakes for their first birds. Pretty cool. I'm going to leave Thursday night, and be in position Friday morning to try and locate roosts by the gobbling. Then I'll move into position to glass flydown, and pattern the birds on where they are going after flydown. If it looks like the place, I'll pick the spot where we'll setup Saturday morning. Then spend the rest of the day checken out 2 other Public spots I know for Turkeys, and throw in a little Morel hunting. Than I'll be back to where I'm hunting to spend the night in my SUV, so no other hunters can beat me to the place Saturday morning. Then the other guy will arrive that morning early enough to get setup before light, I hope. He's cutting it tight for time being he's leaving right from work.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you're going to be busy Iowa. And I hope you guys have your watches synchronized cause it sounds like time may be a factor. Good luck to ya!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
Sounds like you're going to be busy Iowa. And I hope you guys have your watches synchronized cause it sounds like time may be a factor. Good luck to ya!
He's cutting it tight for time getting there, but it's easy to find, and we have each others cells. My main concern, as it is with Public, is other hunters, but hopefully having my vehicle there will discourage encroachment. That's why I get there the night before on Public, so no one can beat me in. I actually like getting up with no drive, and where I'm hunting. Miss my morning coffee, which is the only negative. I do see they are suppose to get snow/sleet, and 32 degrees Friday which will make it a bit cold in the SUV, but then 50's Friday and Saturday.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck Kds!

Jaybird, don't doubt yourself, you'll get the job done i'm sure of it!

I agree Mottz we got a good group of Bs'er here! This is my third yr in this contest and this yr has by far the largest amount of teammates posting up on a regular basis. I wanna thank you all for that, makes this a whole lot more fun that way!

Less than a week to go! Fri morn i'll be dropping off my 3 yr old downstate at my parents for the week, spending the night and heading back Sat morn with my uncle, signman53 following me back up. The wife and my 4 yr old are gonna stay at her parents for a few days next week also. So when i get home Sat, it will be nothing but turkeys for the next 8 days straight! Gonna have to scout hard Sat and Sun, this is the first yr in i don't know how long seasons gotten this close without me knowing exactly where i'm gonna be set up at for the opener! Really want to try and get down to this new spot i got tonite or tomorrow nite and give it a look at least to get a lay of the land. Also if i can drag my 3 yr old away from the tv gonna head out in a couple hrs to check one of my trail cams, somethin gotta show up on em soon!!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in. Good luck to everyone chasing birds the next couple days.

I don't mind the wait Mottz. I'll be bird hunting from April 23rd until May 15...so I will have a solid 3 weeks to be out there plus a 4th week calling for my buddy.

Good luck everyone.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im up for it Mottz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.