Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice birds guys! I cant find my pics from a few years back. I've been on a 2 year dry streak. This year is the year though. And I might postpone my opener to Sunday.Suppose to be rainy/snowy and windy Saturday. I've hunted in that plenty of times but I'll take the nicer of the two days.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

We might as well win this thing for bragging rights. Everyone bust butt this year, so if we beat JW's team, I can rub it in. I live for those moments.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Sounds like a plan to me Jaybird!! I may have to trade in my calls and shotgun for a pair of snow shoes and a shovel, but if thats the case I'm huntin till there's a dead bird or I'm hospitalized from frostbite! Tear em up this weekend Mottz!!! Can't wait to hear the report from ya at the end of the weekend. Good Luck and be safe.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Pics everyone. IA Jaybird, that is the true definition of a jelly head. What kind of gun/choke/load did you pepper him with?

Still have about a month to go here, but seeing the pics is getting me pumped. Nice pics again everyone and good luck.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zubba
Nice Pics everyone. IA Jaybird, that is the true definition of a jelly head. What kind of gun/choke/load did you pepper him with?

Still have about a month to go here, but seeing the pics is getting me pumped. Nice pics again everyone and good luck.
I'm shooting 3 1/2 Hevis out of a 11-87 with a Cabelas Hevi shot Turkey choke.
Check the head out on this Nebraska Gobbler.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

If you would shoot them before they stuck thier beak in the barrel that wouldn't happen..lol

Week and a half till the season here. Man I can't wait. I won't be able to get out to the good land till mid season but hopefully I can find a place close to home before then..

Good Huntin.....
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Man i've never tore one up like that befor!! Course I'm a really chitty shot! Shot one at about 20 ft one time, couldn't find a mark on it! I like to just scare em to death, they take a lot prettier picture that way Plus it dont scare the kids......well thats my excuse anyways!!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
If you would shoot them before they stuck thier beak in the barrel that wouldn't happen..lol

Good Huntin.....
LOL. On the Nebraska double, one of my sons and me were in ground blinds about 15' apart, and I was suppose to take the first shot. Finally he shoots, and I have to take the second on a running shot. When I asked him why he shot first, he's like "if I waited till you shot, mine would have been in my lap". If they keep coming, I'm in no hurry. On a different hunt in Iowa, I took one at 54 yards, when he would not come any closer. I finally got tired of him irritating me by strutting back and forth for 15 minutes in front of my dekes. A chicken 2 year old, that didn't want to mess with my Jake decoy.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Now that we have our team together, I expect you all to stay with this team till it's over, and not dissapear. I joined a team to participate, and I will bust butt to get some birds posted. No one is that busy they can't occasionally post on the team thread to let us know how you are doing. If you don't shoot one, don't worry about it. It's hunting, not going to the supermarket, and buying one. When you are done with your seaason, let us know, so we know where we sit in the contest. If I know where we sit, towards the end of May, and it's close in the contest, I can hunt till the end of May, if needed. Let's have fun with this.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be here Iowa! I usually check it a couple times a day. We are 2nd already in the post count for teams so if we keep the chat up we have a ways to go but we could take 1st in that also. I have til the end of May to get a bird or three. But I'll be out close to every weekend. I usually hunt for a few hours and then I switch to deer mode. Checking and setting cameras, looking for good spots and setting treestands. Maybe even keep my eyes open for morel mushrooms even though I don't eat them. I know there is some good money in those. I just like to be out and by next year I'll be taking my son out. He'll be 4 by then. I did take him out shed hunting once this year and his legs just aren't long enough to step over things. He kept tripping and saying "ahhhh damn". But he's still excited about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.