2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 12-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go TH, another nice one.
Been very cold lately. I went out last Sat and saw nothing but doe. Only a month left in the season for me, I won't make it out this weekend but have plans to head out right after Christmas with my brother to do some doe management. It's bad when you see 20 doe and no buck in one morning
Old 12-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UFunny2
Walked around a little around noon to get some blood flowing. Saw lots of old abandoned scraps.
Last Monday I decided to hunt the area around those abandoned scrapes. They were on an old logging road that surrounded a huge pine thicket. Had my bow and muzzle loader in the truck, flipped a coin for which one to use (literally) and the ml won. Had a fresh snow earlier, just enough to cover the floor. Walking in on the logging road, not 75 yards from my truck, I spot movement coming up from the gully headed to the thicket, saw antlers, stopped him, shot...dead 7 point at 35 yards. From first sight to shot was maybe 10 seconds! Had my tree stand on my back and it was only 1:00 in the afternoon. I know, I know...should have had my bow! I did go to another spot and brought my bow that time. Had a spooked big racked boy come bounding by, but couldn't stop him. Season ends in a couple weeks here, but I'm off the last week and will be in the woods WITH MY BOW!!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Antler Eater
Hey buddy - back at you, that's a very nice buck you put on the board!

-fsh
Old 12-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, been awhile since i have posted, obviously I have had no luck I have been out nearly every day, whether it be day or night. Just wanted you guys to know I havent given up because I realize I cant kill anything unless Im in the woods. Seen a couple of Does, to dark to put the pin on them but would have if I had better light as I have not filled any tags this year. Season ends for me on the 9th and I will keep trying!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

wELL, THE SEASON HAS GONE TO THE WAYSIDE. NO KILLS THIS YEAR, NOT EVEN A "BALDY" LOOKS LIKE WE HAD 2 REGISTERED BUCKS. SUX! I HAVE NO PROBLEM SAYING I AM SURE IT WASNT FROM LACK OF EFFORT FROM THIS TEAM, SO GOOD TO BE ON THIS TEAM. MAYBE NEXT TIME GENTLEMEN! MAY THE WIND BE IN YOUR FACE.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing for me this year... That makes the 1st year in a long long time that I didn't even take a doe with my bow - things just didn't work out... Always next year I guess :-) I did have a shooter about 5 yards from my blind - unfortunately he walked straight at me until he spooked out (at the 5 yards), then had the same buck run past my blind (about 10 yards that time) from the behind and didn't have a shot - guess that's hunting...

Our team was pretty active so I enjoyed that piece - was great to get to know everyone a little better!

Not sure what I all have on the plate for next year... Wife and I are expecting in APR and then we are closing on a new house soon too - so it's been a pretty busy last couple of months! Hopefully I'll have a chance for speed goats - hard to believe that's only about 6MO out! Probably do a lot more in-state stuff next year with the exception of an IA tag (that's probably about the only one I'll pursue) - really hope I can draw next year, can't wait to get back!