2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, great job on the two bucks! My week of hunting is sadly over, with nothing but a sore ass to show for it. Had a fantastic time hunting with my brother for a week, saw 7 different shooters, one of them being in the 180 range, and another one that would likely net B&C as well, 10 points, perfectly symmetrical. The very first IL deer my brother laid eyes on was a real nice 10, maybe 145" or so, and honestly, after that point, the hunt was a success. We both came close several times, but none of them read the script. I had the 170" 10 pt at 35 yards on Saturday morning, but the only shot he offered was facing straight on, which at 35 I'm not taking. Had he been at 20 yards, he's dead. Overall, the hunt was an immense success with my brother having seen so many big deer, the weather held out, no accidents, and no equipment trouble. I'm leaving Friday for an upland hunt in Montana, which I am now very excited about. I'm hoping to get back out many more times after gun season here, so hopefully I can still put one on the board for us, although with the way the neighboring properties get abused during gun season, the going is pretty tough.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on a very nice Buck Phil. We're moving up the board. Let's keep the momentum rolling guys.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Put another one up there for us. Shot a decent on toady. I didnt know it till later but his g1 and g3 on his left side were busted off. Still a nice buck. Wont get the cape back unitl next week. Ill post the score then and put the story up later.
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-111110.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The picture is a little small but he still looks big! Great job guys. We should be up there on the board! Way to go guys. Now the rest of us need to do our jobs and lay one down.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations Shoot2Thrill. It's hard to see on the picture but it does look like a nice buck. Way to go.
We're on a roll guys, let's keep it rolling.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

shoot congrats. Looks like we have some nice bucks up on the board so far.

this week didn't pan out for me like I hoped it would but I wasn't at work and I was hunting so I can't complain. Missed the opportunity to shot a 170-180" buck on thursday morning. Had a doe come in on one side of the tree and he came in on the other of this massive oak tree that my stand is in while I was turned to shoot him I couldn't see what the doe was doing and I am not sure if she seen me or she just took off(pretty sure she seen me) but at about 3/4 draw he took off and followed her out of the stand site. He never even knew I was there. did shoot a doe lastnight right before sunset she didn't even move dropped her right where she was standing(sorry no pics had he hung and cleaned already this morning). Now bow season is on hold for 9 days so that the little girls with rifles can go out and spook everything across the state. the 20th I leave for SD to do some bird hunting doesn't look like I will be back into a stand until after thanksgiving
Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, well I scored my buck at 126 3/8. This is my first buck ever so needless to say, I have never scored a buck before. I found some websites to help out so I think I was pretty accurate. I sure hope that I missed a couple inches though cause with deductions he is just outside of book. We'll see when I can get him in for an official score. Here's the story.

I set up a stand on the edge of a bean Field that is surrounded on three sides by woods. Well I am set up with a trail on my left and a trail on my right and a small tree directly ahead of me. So I am in my stand and across the been field I see this buck walking the edge. He filters down towards me just as I hoped and then he gets to the small tree and I am expecting him to make a decision, left or right. Nope he walks straight through the small tree and right under my stand. I am freaking out cause I think I am not going to have a shot because it's TOOO CLOSE of all things. So I draw back while he is under me just hoping for an angle and sure enough he turns and walks to my left and gives me a 5 yard quartering away shot. I was nervous because of the distance but put my 10 pin behind his shoulder and let one fly. Perfect shot. He took off and toppled at 35 yards. This is my first buck ever so I am super pumped.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Ok here is some bigger pics and a story.

I was on the edge of a cut cornfield and had seen a couple small bucks. At 8:40 I looked out and saw him walkin across about 60 yards out. I got my bino's on him and saw that he was a good looking, mature deer. I grunted twice, and got no response. He was to close to rattle without potentially bustin myself out. I did a snort wheeze with my mouth...and it completely turned him inside out. He laid his ears back, bristled his hair and started walking stiff legged. I thought it was over and he was gonna circle downwind. Instead he came down the edge of the field. Bleated very softly with my mouth to stop him. He stopped at 22 yards perfectly broadside, and I torched him. In the picture it looks high, but thats the enty hole out of a 26' high stand. He ran 30 yards and decided that was enough, never even left the field. T3 broadhead did an awesome job. I had to get him to the processor and in a freezer quick because it got up to 78 degrees by noon. I reported him on the scorecard and said I should be able to get tape on him this week. Gun seasons are comin in now...leave those at home and take the bows!!! We gotta win this thing fellas!!. Good luck everybody!
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-nov11small.jpg   Team 6 Thread-nov1110small.jpg   Team 6 Thread-nov11101small.jpg  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Phil Pick!! Great deer!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Great Bucks and Great stories. For all others on the Team, Let's keep this momentum rolling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.