HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 6 Thread
Thread: Team 6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
YooperMike
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, great job on the two bucks! My week of hunting is sadly over, with nothing but a sore ass to show for it. Had a fantastic time hunting with my brother for a week, saw 7 different shooters, one of them being in the 180 range, and another one that would likely net B&C as well, 10 points, perfectly symmetrical. The very first IL deer my brother laid eyes on was a real nice 10, maybe 145" or so, and honestly, after that point, the hunt was a success. We both came close several times, but none of them read the script. I had the 170" 10 pt at 35 yards on Saturday morning, but the only shot he offered was facing straight on, which at 35 I'm not taking. Had he been at 20 yards, he's dead. Overall, the hunt was an immense success with my brother having seen so many big deer, the weather held out, no accidents, and no equipment trouble. I'm leaving Friday for an upland hunt in Montana, which I am now very excited about. I'm hoping to get back out many more times after gun season here, so hopefully I can still put one on the board for us, although with the way the neighboring properties get abused during gun season, the going is pretty tough.