2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 6 Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, National Bowhunter Magazine, Squaw valley, Ca. just came out & my story about my past Aug. Antelope bowhunt is in it with lots of photos of the guys I hunted with. It's not my 1st published but I do like to share my Bowhunting adventures.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Merry Christmas to all & my team mates. We have about 16" of snow on the ground.
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-mdgc0086-2-.jpg  
Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

It looks like we are still in 4th place but Team 1 sure has taken the lead.
My father got a nice buck in Ohio 2nd gun season. Here's a picture of it.
Attached Thumbnails Team 6 Thread-dad-ohio-pic1a.jpg  
Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Is anybody still out there hunting? Our 2nd season came in on 12/27 and goes out 1/15. I've been out every night but haven't seen a thing. I believe they all went nocturnal after our gun season. We are planning on going back to Ohio this weekend for the Muzzleloader season. Time to take a doe and take some stands down.
Good Luck to anyone that is still hunting.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't look like I'm going to get it done fellas. I have had a great season though I have not killed a deer. I could have shot at least 15 does & though I had a extra bonus Doe tag, elected NOT to. I've seen way less Deer period where I Bowhunt so made that personal choice. I have passed 2, 8s within 15 yds that might go 105-110 & a spindly 7 pointer 3-4 times. 3 Different forkies at 10 feet to 10 yds. & 2, 6s at feet also. I've Bowhunted 2 counties. I did manage 2 misses at shooters for me-1 at 35 yds. (at least 10 points) & killed the tree his head was behind, heavy brush & caught a little twig & a HUGE 8 at 30 yds where I clipped a branch there also. Anyway, killing isn't always the best part of Bowhunting but it does help.
I hope all have a great 2011 & may you experience as many Bowhunts as i have over the years. I'll be heading to Ok. this summer for my annual Hog Bowhunt & meet up with old friends from other parts of the country & maybe Antelope again out west if things go okay. Congratulations to those who had a great season & to those who hunted their butts off & took nothing, be glad we live in AMERICA. Oh, I did film my Daughter "missing" her 1st Deer this year & it was great sharing those Bowhunting hours with her.