Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This one is the bird hunting dog, he's not bad! You might notice in the first picture, the bald spot on the end of his tail... That was from when he was about 2 years old, he waged his tail so hard that when he hit stuff, it made all the hair come out and it hasn't grew back since!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Surpass Thread (37)-img_7891.jpg   Official Team Surpass Thread (37)-img_7898.jpg  

Last edited by HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED; 08-23-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Rammer, I live in NZ for 22 years, i them moved to Alabama and have lived here for the last 8. I am pumped for this season, I have been hunting the same property for the last 3years. Have seen some good dear and hopefully this will be the year
Old 08-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really! Thats cool! We are headed out to Wyoming next month to chase antelope around with the guns. The guy we are going with shoots both his antelope every year within the first day! I can't wait for that. Do you ever hunt Wyoming for antelope? That question is for anyone on the team! I would like to know more about it!

iamyourhuckleberry,
So do you hunt elk with a bow or rifle over there? I was standing outside yesterday and heard the first elk bugle of the year, it was about 500 yards from our house! There season opens SOON! For archery in Oregon... I think the rut is starting to kick in, what time does it normally start in CO?
Yes Hog, I have hunted Colorado/Wyoming numerous times for pronghorn. It's pretty much an annual thing. Speed goats are one of my all time favorites to hunt. You see them all day long (no shortage in Wy.) and it's just a matter of getting close enough for a shot. My sister and I play games while hunting them. We'll say for example, "you cannot shoot unless your goat is under fifty yards." Then we'll say, "this goat has to be over three hundred yards". She and I routinely practice out to six hundred yards-we both shoot 7mm mags. I was chasing pronghorn this weekend with my bow. I had a terminally ill cancer friend in tow. I did my best to get him a shot-it didn't happen. And for the record, speed goats are about the only thing I still enjoy hunting with a rifle. Which area are you hunting while in Wyoming?

I prefer to use my bow while hunting elk (I have seriously lost count of the number of elk I have killed in my lifetime-somewhere between 35-40). The vast majority have been shot via bow and arrow. At this point, helping others get their elk is more important to me than getting one for myself. I had nine out-of-staters hunting with me last year. All nine had opportunities. We killed a 6x7, a 5x5, and missed 4 clean shots on 6x6s (all the shots were from 30 yards and under). A cow was missed too. There is one thing you can take to the bank...I will always be home to hunt elk! There is nothing as magically as being in the woods with these beasts while they're bulging!

I love your photos! You're a man after my heart! Keep up the good work!

Check out this link for a few of mine: http://www.camospace.com/Iamyourhuckleberry
Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats cool! We are hunting the 100 unit. Dang, Thats a lot of elk! We have a herd of 40 hanging around near our house, and dang... thats a lot! How much does one of those thing weigh, just the meat? And you got most of them with a bow!!! WOW! I have tried for 4 years now, but still haven't got close to any yet... How do you hunt them? with calls or what? HAHA thanks! Hopefully I can get a few more this year. Dang you've got african game and everything! With your bow too! I bet you have a big collection of mounts by now! LOL! Thats really cool I wish I could hunt some of the stuff you do, but I can't drive yet... Next year!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA I was didn't realize you could scroll down on the pictures on that camospace and WOW! I can't think of any animals you you didn't hunt LOL! Thats a lot... nice job!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Hey Huck
That's an amazing feat you have acomplished on your site,I've never seen one person shoot so many different types of animals from so many different parts of the world. Hats off to you bud!!! You appear to have no job or aren't married right? One awsome sight my freind, might even take you up on your elk offer ,at least I know you know where they are LMAO, J/k.
Rocky
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, you fella's have been busy on here this weekend! I don't think that I had time to even get on the net this weekend. I was in a catfishing tournament this weekend with my father. We didn't win it, but we did catch 16 fish. Biggest was 3.5 lbs and the smallest was 1lb. Not too bad of a day. I did at least make time to go out on my parents property and pull the SD card out of my trail cam and put a different one in. I still haven't looked at the pictures yet. Too many home improvement projects going on, and not enough hours in the day.

I can't remember who posted something about waterfowl hunting, but I sure do have the itch. I have been doing plenty of water retrieves with my pup lately (9.5 month old chocolate lab) and have been helping my buddy work on the duck blind. Season starts here in 3 weeks. I will get a couple good weekends of hunting in, then its off to the tree stand. (october 1st).
Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will, I noticed that you live in Erie Colorado (according to your info by your name). My cousin lives in Thornton. On the map they don't look to far away from each other.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I have finally made it home. We had a long week with my mom-in-laws funeral and all. Thanks for the prayers. She had brain cancer and had been pretty much gone for about 2 years. There are some things worse than dying.

anyway...on the way up, the kids and I stopped at our farm in IL and checked one trail cam. It had been out for 8 days and had 223 photos!!! 8 or 9 different bucks, but nothing to really write home about. Doesn't appear that there were any over 2.5 yrs. But cool anyhow. This is my first year to put out cameras, and its almost as fun as killing stuff.

kill_it-how on earth can you let those photos sit on that card without checking 'em out. The kids and I have the laptop up and running in the truck the second we get out of the woods.

I'm headed back today to get 4 more food plots ready to plant next weekend, and to spend quite a few hours on the bush hog. We've had such a wet summer that it seems like that's about all I've done this year. But we've got some great looking food plots for the first time in a long time.

As for duck hunting...That's about as much fun as a fella can have standing up. But it will be almost thanksgiving before our season opens in Southern IL or Western KY. Hope ya'll are having as much fun getting ready for season as I am. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much does one of those thing weigh,they can weigh from 500 to 1000+ pounds just the meat? I have gotten 202 pounds of boned out meat from cows-a little more from bulls And you got most of them with a bow!!! WOW! I have tried for 4 years now, but still haven't got close to any yet... How do you hunt them? with calls or what? I lay down boot leather; I rarely call. When they bugle I zero in on the sound and kill em. HAHA thanks! Hopefully I can get a few more this year. Dang you've got african game and everything! With your bow too! I bet you have a big collection of mounts by now! LOL! Yeah, but I have no place to put them yet. I figure I'll kill while I can and build a room later when I'm too old to chase. It's been a fun journey without regrets. Thats really cool I wish I could hunt some of the stuff you do, but I can't drive yet... Next year!!! Amigo, set yours goals-make sure they are obtainable. Then, pursue them with all your heart-don't be afraid to bend over and pick up pennies. It's best to save, plan and then execute. Save the dreaming for when you're asleep!

That's an amazing feat you have acomplished on your site,I've never seen one person shoot so many different types of animals from so many different parts of the world. Hats off to you bud!!! You appear to have no job or aren't married right? One awsome sight my freind, might even take you up on your elk offer ,at least I know you know where they are LMAO, J/k.
Thanks Rocky,

Actually, I only take three weeks of vacation per year and one week of that is with my family (non hunting trip). I make good use of the weekends and holidays. Yes, I am married and have two youngins -an eight and nine year old-boy/girl. My wife has never tried too hard to change me...

elk....anytime my friend.

Brett, Thornton is a tad south of me. I can get there in about 10 minutes.

So, what are we doing for a team name?

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 08-24-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.