Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

That's my kind of story Rocky. Especially the cactus in the butt part. Seems like I get hurt on every hunt. I'm not careless, just live in the shadow of Murphey's Law I guess. Its been hot and dry here for the last month. We've had one rain, that's it. It is supposed to cool off and rain next week, so I will be back in the stand once that happens. Hot and Hunting just dont go well together.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang thats awesome Huckleberry! Congrats!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Typical Buck

Wink

Got Out Tonight
For my 1st Whitetail hunt in my honey hole where I'm suposed to shoot my booner, LOL. he didn't show up as neither did anything else cept the nebouirs kids on there dirt bike track across the field from me. Guess the deer didn't like the noise either. Dang nothing but bad luck so far this year, I'm a anul guy for taking abuse, keep putting it in front of me and I'll keep taking it till it pays off. Yeah Rock ,cry me another one, . TAlk to you's tomorrow.
The Rockmeister
Old 09-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

Wow
Where is everyone ?????? Can't talk to myself
Rocky
Old 09-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm around lurking every once in a while. My season starts on Saturday morning here, I haven't decided if I will go out or not. I have to go hang a few stands yet, and get permission on a few new spots yet. A few of my current spots have gotten over run by guys archery hunting now.....Until a few years ago I was the only one in the area, now everyone is doing it.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Lightbulb

Rammer
When you secure a property,ask if you could possibly be the only one allowed to hunt it if you in turn cut trees that have fallen on the fence line and need any fence maintance. Or if that don't work ask if you can help around the property doing odd jobs. That usally spikes an interest in the property owner cause they see your serious. You can also tell them of illegal hunters and then they'll give you there stands cause they were tresspasing. I've come across 5 stands this way over the years, The only way I took them was if they were left a note saying if they want there stands back, report to the land owner to get it. They have never shown up!!!!best of luck in the future securing land to hunt on.
Rocky
Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

youngfart,

Those are all good suggestions. The problem with getting exclusive permission around here is, everyone is pretty much related in one way, and it is a small farming community; everyone knows everyone. I only have one of my neighbors that gives me exclusive deer hunting permission on his property, but I also help him out as soon as we are done with harvest, and lots of other odd jobs. I actually had another bowhunter call me last year and ask if it was OK if he hunted that property. The landowner told him he had to get permission from me! haha
Old 09-24-2009, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been checking in every now and then. Just haven't been doing too much posting. I have been busy trying to get things finished with the house before season starts and have been working a alot of OT. The construction business always keeps you on your toes. I have been very lucky to have a steady stream of work coming my way. It doesn't look like things will be slowing down to me any time soon which is great. If winter is busy for me, that means the summer will be even busier.

Season starts for me a week from today. Not sure if I will be making it out on opening day, but I am going to make an effort to. Good luck to you guys who are already out putting some time in!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas i got y new bow today and it shoots GREAT, gonna get some practice in for a few weeks before the season starts, October 17th, i hope to have a doe on the ground, Yum
Old 09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season starts tomorrow here! Hopefully, I'll be able to make it out tomorrow evening for a sit. I have to do a lil more tweaking on my sights with my broadheads before I'll hit the field.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.