HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Surpass Thread (37)
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM
shawneeslinger
Fork Horn

Well, I have finally made it home. We had a long week with my mom-in-laws funeral and all. Thanks for the prayers. She had brain cancer and had been pretty much gone for about 2 years. There are some things worse than dying.

anyway...on the way up, the kids and I stopped at our farm in IL and checked one trail cam. It had been out for 8 days and had 223 photos!!! 8 or 9 different bucks, but nothing to really write home about. Doesn't appear that there were any over 2.5 yrs. But cool anyhow. This is my first year to put out cameras, and its almost as fun as killing stuff.

kill_it-how on earth can you let those photos sit on that card without checking 'em out. The kids and I have the laptop up and running in the truck the second we get out of the woods.

I'm headed back today to get 4 more food plots ready to plant next weekend, and to spend quite a few hours on the bush hog. We've had such a wet summer that it seems like that's about all I've done this year. But we've got some great looking food plots for the first time in a long time.

As for duck hunting...That's about as much fun as a fella can have standing up. But it will be almost thanksgiving before our season opens in Southern IL or Western KY. Hope ya'll are having as much fun getting ready for season as I am. Will keep you posted.