Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Anyone shooting at distance yet? >

Anyone shooting at distance yet?

Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Anyone shooting at distance yet?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone shooting at distance yet?

My targets and a few toys for the bow came in yesterday. I'm hoping to go tomorrow to get a good final tune on the bow, and then hopefully shoot a game.

Anyone else get targets and shoot yet?
Old 04-19-2008, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone shooting at distance yet?

I got my targets Yesterday. It was 80 here and you could not of asked for a nicer day to shoot outdoors. I need to get me about a 6X drilled scope, Im using an old 4X Stan with a little dot on it, and its just not cutting the mustard at 50 once the spot gets some holes in it, I keep loosing it. Changed my release from a Ragsdale FS to a Jag 4 FS, The way I hold it gives me a better anchor, but the rope on it is slapping the crap out of my chin, gonna have to shorten it, or cut it off and put a loop on the string.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

I have my targets also, shooting some today before we start tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had my targets for about a week now but have been just fine tuning (mostly me and my form). I changed my pin setup a little and now I am all set. I only shoot outdoors so I have been shooting at distance for a while now (once the weather cooperated). It is pouring rain here today but I plan on getting my first go done on one of the first nice days.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got some shooting in this weekend and I think I am going to do alright. I certainly won't win this thing, but I am very pleased with my improvement since the first league. It is nice to do some shooting at the longer distance and see how my groups hold.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear you guys are shooting well. I shot quite a bit this last weekend and honestly think my bow is in it's final stage of tuning now finally.

Yesterday I shot a 3D course here locally that had the same50cm hunter facetarget on the warm up butts. My last group before heading to the 3D course(50 yards) had 4 arrows in the X ring, with the 5th arrow just outsideof the X because it smacked another shaft hard enough to shatter the nock and bend the pin. [8D] From the open stakes, I ended up shooting only 3 eights on the 30 target course,and 11X's for an IBO scored 305. Not too bad for the 3rd outdoor 3D of the year.

I'm thinking I will shoot at 10 yards in the basement just to practice a bit, and then maybe tomorrow I will head over to Dan's (Jawshooter) houseto shoot our league scores for the week.