Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: official team 44 thread

5 days can not wait looks like i will have four or 5 good hunting days at the beginning
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 PM

I saw my big boy again tonight! (traveling with two 8's and a forker) . . and more imortantly, an ambush spot where a north wind will work for me. All he's got to do is show up tomorrow . . .and NOT BE LATE!! [8D]
Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

good luck we need to get on the board i got another 4 days,
ORIGINAL: joshw020

I saw my big boy again tonight! (traveling with two 8's and a forker) . . and more imortantly, an ambush spot where a north wind will work for me. All he's got to do is show up tomorrow . . .and NOT BE LATE!! [8D]
Old 09-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Still does only for another week here. Last night I had three deer in. All were chip shots away and all were bucks. The furthest was 22 yards and the closest was 8 yards.The closest one had a spread outside the ears but the light was a bit sparse so I couldnt really tell much more. I think he's a two year old and not really what I'm looking for but it's nice to be seeing deer anyway.

It's pouring right now so I think I'll pass on the evening hunt today

My food plot near my fathers house is getting hit every night before dark. Can't hunt that zone till next week though.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

well no luck on a buck, but I did see some big does, a badger,ground hog, a coyote,and tons and tons of squrriels/ground squirrels.

I shot a coyote at 25 yards but I think the arrow was a bit high and the coyote lived. No sign of blood, but I know I hit it because the arrow was stuck in him when it ran off. When I was searching for the coyote, I was walking up the ditch bank and I got about half way when I saw two ground squrriels jumping straight at me. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there. They ran right into me. It was pretty funny, but pretty scary because I didn't know they were coming till they were mid air.

I also had some luck fishing at our pond.

Caught 3 fish (two cats and 1 bluegill)in 3 days. (if you wanna call that luck).

But I also caught one of the biggest cat's in our pond.

19 1/2 inches weighing 3 pounds. (i think my hand scale is broken because the fish looks bigger than 3 pounds).

Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys! Well i just got home and had a good time, saw 5 deer (2 bucks,2 doe and a yearling)on the opening morning, biggest one im guessing at 120-125 inches, nice looking deer but not what im after, Saturday night got skunked in another spot I hunt, sunday morning got skunked at a different spot, sunday night saw a small 6 pointer,with a smaler fork horn, monday morning so another small 6 pointer but he was solo, monday night my frioend and I decided to hunt on the skirt of a swamp by a run off stream in some thick nasty stuff , we split up and ended up about a 160 yrds apart,, took my over an hour to walk 200 yards, well i found a nice scrape line and several nice rubs hidden within this stuff and set up not to far from the scrapes,, and didnt see anything,, so i was lowering my bow ,and just about to unhook my self from the tree and start climbing down, when three does came crashing through the thicket, and surrounded me tree, i froze and one doe began to blow at my bow that was spinning a few feet off the ground, so as she stomped and "grunted" I was slowly bringing up my bow, but by the time I got my bow in hand it was too dark to shoot , and had to use the coyote call to spook them away,, got down and met my buddy, who ended up kicking those does up on his way out,, he on the other hand,had a 160 class walk right under his stand, and chose not to attempt a spine shot, so he passed,, for now.. hope to go out in the morning before work, will let you know if anything happens.I am now taking "shots"of deer im passing on with my camera here were a few I was able to.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Old 09-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was from the starting weekend.

I plan to have a doe on the ground this weekend. I can't wait. Hopefully one does give me a good enough shot though.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

my season opens tomorrow i hope to drop that 11 point or atleast a doe.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM

Mike, Andrew. .great pics fellas! bigtim, glad youcan finally join us. Now go kill something!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.