Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: official team 44 thread

ya thanks alot of good tips there. i am going to buy the nikon prostaff 550 they have it at walmart for 200 then next season i am going to uby a better angle finder model.
ORIGINAL: mcorso

Cool, I bought one last year, and i love it, i got the bushnell scout (arc) 1000, it is simple to use, and just remember to guess the distance first, and then use the rangefinder, soon you will train your eye on distances, because there maybe a day that you dont have it with you , and you wont feel confident to judge the distance your self,, also prior to the hunt range trees and remember what you ranged them from the stand , so you dont fumble around from range finder to your bow.. good luck
Old 09-19-2008, 08:15 PM

Just checking in guys, wont be long now....
Old 09-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

11 days 15 hours 48 minutes till my season opens
ORIGINAL: jwork

Just checking in guys, wont be long now....
Old 09-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

We started a two week doe only season in the management unit where I live today. It was a great time to be in the woods. Saw a dozen deer on the road on the way to the hunt. Had a doe and fawn come by at about 35 yards and 35 mph around 8 and then had adecent 2 year old8 pointer bed down for an hour 12 yards away from 9 to 10.

Man, I love this time of year!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out this weekend, saw quite a few does and one spike. Going out tonight also. Ill see what I can do.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear some of you are getting out,, im counting the days till saturday morning, I have been cleared to hunt all weekend, so Im sure come monday morning , I hope to be on here posting some pics! good luck guys,,
Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 PM

Speaking of getting out, fellas . . I wasn't going to go back into my woods until the opener, as to not disturb the area, but we got hammered with 70-80 MPH winds last week and I had to check on my stands/blinds. Well I figured since I was there, I'd camo up and sit 'till evening. Just before the sun edged its way behind the tree tops, I noticed a lone, mature doe working her way down my side of the bean field. She finally scooted out toward the middle about 20 yards from my sitting spot (I wasn't in my blind or stands). Lucky me, because I was only five feet behind the wood line [&:]. Next thing you know, there's a flicker on the far side of the field, and evenyually, an 8 pointer steps out . So after 20 minutes of glassing this guy at 180 yards, I can see that he's feeding his way slowly across the field . . . but guys, he was coming straight to me! It was like he was on a string. Eventually, he broke the 50 yard mark and I knew right then that I might be getting busted [:@].But once again, as luck would have it, I had the wind, a dark background and a little rise in the field, all in my favor. I eased out of there like a cat burgler . Needless to say, I know where I'll be this coming Saturday evening. Good luck to every body!!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

sunday night, I had a nice mature doe step out at about 20-25 yards and then walked off. A few minutes later two deer come out in the timber line in front of me about 100 yards. I just watched them thinking they were does and then one of them raised its head and I saw a little thing sticking up. I got the binos out and it was a little 6 point. For about 20 minutes they were feeding over in front of me then the other deer (a doe) walked off and that little buck came right under my stand. It never spotted me. It was always looking to the left of me and getting nervous. I figured another deer was there.

Oh and I pretty much got charged by a little doe. I was walking to a stand and I was getting ready to go down this hill when this little doe popped its head p and just glared at me, then it started walking straight towards me then starting trotting then running, it was about 10 yards when I finally got my bow up just incase then it finally scampered off.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go get him Josh!

I'm headed out for geese with a freind for who has a honey hole for the honkers in the morning. May get out Wednesday and try to take a nanny but I'm staying away from my best spots till I can shoot if a decent buck comes by. Cant wait till the regular season starts.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys hunted hard this past weekend. Can not believe it only saw 3 deer the first day. It has been close to a full moon, must have been feeding all night. We tried everything fields, hardwoods, thickets, ect. Everything but the kitchen sink. Oh well can't complain had a great time.

Good luck to everyone. think everyone's season is about in.

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.