Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 11-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: official team 44 thread

Update from BTBowhunter-

Bob passed up a 130 on Monday. He had a guy in camp kill a buck that went 171" on Monday morning.

Bucks are working does furiously on his lease. I saw 8 does and 2 bucks last night.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're gonna have to slap him for not taking the 130. lol joking.
if there is 170+ deer in that area pass up any thing you can to get one.
When does he return from his trip?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I think he goes back December 8/9 after the second IL gun season.

I'll share your message.

Good luck guys-
Old 11-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I had the whole week off last week, and it was 70 degrees, so not much to tell, I was working as guide for my buddy , and we had 10 guys in camp for the week, two of which were pat reeve and nicole jones from driven tv.and cameramen mike law and shane indrebo, nice folks and they knew with the weather it would be tough , so they stayed a few days and headed out to the midwest where the cold front was hitting , and will come back threw once they fill those tags, the other group stayed through friday morning, and we had 3 bucks and one doe down by the end of the week, the bucks were in the 120's . so not a total loss, I got to hunt saturday morning and saturday night there, and saw several smaller bucks work a primary scrape, and a nice buck come through but I didnt have a clean shot at him, I did however get attacked by a owl as I was lowering my gear out of the tree at dark, he hit me square in the head, felt like somebody hit my with a football, im glad i wasnt standing , or he would have knocked my out of the tree for sure. im heading out tomorrow for a personal hunt with my wife down to our cabin, so I hope to post a pic of a nice buck sunday night, as I know there are two of good size hiding in my thickets,, good luck to all, last saturday we saw alot of rut activity so I can only hope its still going on strong this weekend,
Old 11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear your group had some success.

can't wait to see how your hunt goes sunday.

I have a basketball tournaments saturday. Our first game is at 8:50 and our second is at 10:30. I might be able to get some more hunting time in but im not sure. I will get out at the cabin about 11:30-12:00 and then Ill go out at 2:30 to go for the evening hunt. It gets dark at 5-5:30.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

At 8:50 this morning is our first game. My team has played together three years in the past but our coach had hip surgery so we couldn't play our 7th grade year. Now we are back but im not so sure how we are gonna play because we are not a school related team, we are a traveling team, so its alot harder to find a spot to practice. Which causes less days to practice.

We play two game. We have played each of these teams before and we beat them both. (in the past years). Each game has 4 quarters and each quarter is only 6 minutes long. I will not be starting because one of the coaches son has to start even though hes just a goody goody ball hog. I guess i'll get over it, he probably wont stay in long.

I get to go hunting after the tournament so my saturday hunting isn't ruined.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, we just got in from the cabin, friday night got skunked, saturday was raining all day, I went out saturday evening and got skunked and soaked,, sunday morning got skunked but did see alot of turkeys,, but no deer, and by 900am, some knuckle head walked across the ridge from one end to the other shooting about 3 cases of shells, not sure what he was hunting, but he did this from 9-3pm,im all for sharing ,but there is nothing that would have stuck around with all that shooting going on,,he would shoot like three times in a row,,, awe well,,the joys of bordering state land,, so I got some odds and ends s done around the cabin, mapped a rub line, and hung a stand,, so not a total loss, had a good weekend though, hope to tag out before gun season,will keep you updated.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 4 deer tags and 0 of them are filled. One bow/any sex, One bow/doe, One youth/any sex(its good for one of the gun seasons also), One late muzzleloader/any sex.

I saw 15 does and one small 8 pointer saturday night. I think I didn't have enough scent blocker on because the does kept sniffing me out.
Checked the trail camera and had a ton of does, a couple bucks.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Well Hello,

Weather turned out to be OK although nothing to show for it. Had some does and scrub bucks come in but not what I was looking for. The is the first season that I can remember not getting something although shots were there. Still a great bow season for me, still going to mess around here in SC but by now the bucks are on high alert. They have only been hunted with dogs and guns since Aug. 15th. LOL.....

Good luck to those that are still out. Brian
Old 11-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I couldn't finish my post, my dad needed to use the computer.

Sunday morning I had a little 6 pointer come close to the blind and never spotted me, it stayed around for about 10 minutes before finding its way into the standing corn. I also saw 5 does also. I moved to a difrerant spot after a couple hours of the blind and I spotted a decent 8 pointer with 7 does, but they were all 100 yards away so there was no shot.
Saturday night I saw 6 does. Iwasn't to sure about shooting at anything because of the wind.

We leave the wednesday before thanksgiving to go down to arkansas for some deer/bear/hog hunting. And of course to have thanksgiving dinner with the family. hope we see or get something.

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.