Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Community

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 11 Thread

Well guys I've got a little bad news. You can read the story on the bowhunting forum, but to make a long story short I shot what I thought was a doe last night and it turned out to be a spike. SORRY!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with that.... Congrats on the spike!

As for me, I'm going to be hitting it pretty hard this weekend. Was out scouting the property with all the buck pics and I think I found a pretty good staging area. It's a strip of woods right next to one of the corn fields that leads to the bedding area. This place was loaded with rubs and scraps and major trails leading to the corn. I setup a stand and got out of there. I'll sneak into the stand early in the morning and maybe have an all day sit.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a day!! Felt like staying in the cabin with what I heard going on outside at 430, but I went out and took my butt whooping like a man.[8D] No deer today, a four point on Friday night. Looking for a big week. My B Day is on Thursday and Halloween is also a great time to be in the woods. I love this week for so many reasons. I get the best girt every year. (the rut turning up)
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be on stand tomorrow! The weather looks great this week in PA!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

Things are heating up here in Illinois.Got 5 more days of work then its off for 16 days!!
Shot a doe saturday (10-25-08) morning.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

I will be on stand tomorrow! The weather looks great this week in PA!

Hatchet Jack
Yes it does Jack, 'cept for they are calling for some variation of a West wind all week long. Gonna have to take some chances, but the payout may be huge.

ILL, congrats on the doe. Those 16 days sound like heaven. I envy you. Good luck.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, it's heating up around here!! Father in law took a nice 8pt on my property Sat. evening. Probably around a 110"-115". I passed on a 110" 8pt Sat. morning that came in to some light rattling. Didn't hunt Sat. night b/c I was watching OSU get there butt kicked![:@][:@]Hunted last night and saw two little bucks and 4 does.I start vacation Friday and they are calling for a mixture of snow and rain all week.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 AM

Hey guys in case your wondering in still above the green grass my computer crashed so to get on here i have to stop over at my parents house till ours gets back.
Any ways hunting has been good i have been seeing a few nice bucks but nothing that really jumps out at me. I have been hunting on some public land and seeing only 1-6 deer per nightand decided to sit on some private land that i had permission on well the first night i had 19 deer come past 3 bucks 1 of which i have the sheds from 2 years ago probably go around 135 now the other 2 were 2 and 3 pointers. Last monday night i went back to the private land and found a dead buck that was gut shot with a broad head small 8 he should be cleaned up by now we are over run with coyotes i'll get the rack sometime this week if it's still there.
As some of you guys know i'm a outfitter well last week i got a phone call from my PA hunters that were to be coming up and they cancelled due to there work. So if any of you guys would like a last minute hunt I'm in a deal making mood season ends Nov 8.
Good luck to you guys and congrats to those that shot does already

Oakcreek Outfitters (204)827-2649
Old 10-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot me the prices in a pm Oak, Where are you located? How far from central PA?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Score!!!!!!!!

Naw, just kidding.
Just bumping us back on page 1

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.