Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Community

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 10-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 11 Thread

Came real close last night in the wind. Had two bucks that were bigger than anything I have ever seen in the wild dogging does in the field with me. 9 does, one button, one small 8 that I passed the other week, and two big 8's (one might have been a 9). Crazy night. Closest shot was 60 and moving. Both went under the other set I have for awestern wind (which we have, just picked the wrong one) I know they are there and active, with the wind holding stead I am gonna hunt them the rest of the week. Took a blank tonight, we shall see what tomorrow brings.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ben, sounds like you got a good spot working for you. Keep at it bud, one of those big bucks will makethe mistakeof letting you fling an arrow through his vitals. Good luck!
Got home from work early last night around 4:00. Took a quick shower and headed for my "backyard stand". An hour after sitting inmy stand I notice movement to my left and see a rack thrashing a bush. A couple soft grunts and the buck was headed in my direction. He made 2 or 3 scrapes on his way and ended up giving me a 14yd shot, but I decided to give him a pass and just sat there and studied his reactions to noise (it was pretty windy)and his overall body language. He is a buck I have seen before, probably around 110 - 115, he'll be a dandy next year. It was tempting, but I told myself I was holding out for 130 or better and wasn't going to shoot any buck to get some points on the board.

Sorry boys, but I'll make it up to you.....
Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem here Chris, I passed up putting 90 points on the board for us the other week. Keep at her and it will happen. Good hunting.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Spike

What is wrong with you hunters? My first buck ever was a spike, and guess what, it tasted just as good as my buddy's 10 pointer he shot one year.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MikeHoncho87

What is wrong with you hunters? My first buck ever was a spike, and guess what, it tasted just as good as my buddy's 10 pointer he shot one year.
Um, HUH? Where did you come from? Thanks for your opinion and good night now.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MikeHoncho87

This isn't a contest for the best tasting deer.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guy's I was out this week and it seems thing are starting to heat up in SE-PA. Lot of little bucks pushing Doe's around. I had a small 7pt walk right under my stand today and seen a spike and a 4pt pushing a big Doe around. On Monday I seen a real nice shooter 8pt on the one farm I hunt pushing Doe's. I been seeing plenty of Deer and there either to small to shoot or to far to shoot. Monday Im doing my first controlled Deer hunt in Laramore State Park Bucks County. There are some nice bucks in there and maybe I can get lucky with one of them. I was in there Thursday and seen 2 nice buck in the area I'm hunting in. I'm not to hip on these hunts but my Buddy talked me into it. Good Luck this week Guy's and Be Safe!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

This morning had a buck I know well in the area. My friend Jeremy missed him. I call him the G2 buck. No luck. Tonight Rob and I hiked the climbers in for a sit in a hollow/ cruising area that we had not explored yet. Came into a huge rub and scrape. Had 3 does fly down the hollow, I was drawn for a buck to follow as they were moving fast and ran right under us, again no luck. Heading out tomorrow to move a set. With two weeks left I am gonna get aggressive. I am gonna set up right on the main doe bedding area and wait for a dead South wind. It's also right in a nice staging area. More work tomorrow for success during the week. Shoot straight brothers, we need more bone.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Things are heating up here in Michigan!!! Going out in the morning, good luck everyone
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 AM

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been afk for a while...this new business is not leaving me much spare time!

It sounds like you are all having some good hunts and seeing some good animals, so keep at it! I have the late archery deer season starting up here in Oregon on the 15th of this month, so hopefully I'll be able to get some more quality time in the mountains.

Be safe and hunt hard!

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.