Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Community

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 11 Thread

JAG,
That Is one big Buck!!!!!! VERY NICE!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM

I had a pretty crazy day today. Got out to the stand early (this stand is only about a mile from where that big muley was photo'd), and had absolutely nuthin' come thru...

Climbed down out of the stand at about 10:30 and made the way back to my truck. Threw my gear in the truck and climbed in and it wouldnt start...batteries were dead.

Oh well, guess I'm walkin...so I started the hike down towards the highway, about 5 miles on the GPS, so I'm guessing about 6 or better by way of the road. I really figured that I would see another hunter or someone on the road on the way out to get a jumpstart from (i had jumper cables in my toolbox). Saw noone but 2 dirtbike riders on my way out....ugh! Anyways, it takes me about an hour and a half while scooting along at a pretty good clip to get down to the highway, and once I get there, nobody will pull over to help me out! I guess I probably did look a little bit like a psycho, all camo'd up, with my bow, and a pistol and hunting knife on my belt!

So after an HOUR of standing down at the road trying to flag people down, a lady finally stops and agrees to give me a jump start. I think she was starting to get a bit nervous with me in the car about 3 or so miles into the woods...I assured her it was only another mile or so by showing her my pickups location on the GPS....LOL, she got a kick outta that.

I finally made it home a little after 2:00 in the afternoon, and I only live about 15 mins or so away from where I was hunting. What a long day, I'm ready for bed!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't let it get ya down Jag, us bowhunters are, if nothing else persistant. They guys at the cabin wonder how the heck I can sit n a tree for 150 hours last season and not shoot anything.[8D]
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 AM

Hey jim pick your self up one of those jump start battery packs I got one this spring and have used it many times already saves alot of walking.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

Hey jim pick your self up one of those jump start battery packs I got one this spring and have used it many times already saves alot of walking.
good idea oakcreek, i've been thinking about getting one of those for a while now. going camping with the family this weekend and i think i'll get one before we head up in the mountains...and maybe a new battery too!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whos is getting on the board tomorrow boys? Jag, whitetailbowhunter, you guys out there tomorrow? Good luck, let's get some bone down.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 PM

It raining it's pouring Oakcreek will be snoring
Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 AM

I'm slammed tomorrow, daughter has a soccer game in the morning and then I have a business meeting around noon. After that we are loading up and going on a family camping trip, but I'm packing my gear and plan to sneak out of the tent while everyone else is sleeping and make a hunt sunday morning. Of course it is an area that i have never hunted or scouted before, but it's the Oregon wilderness so there has to be some deer runnin around out there!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

It raining it's pouring Oakcreek will be snoring
Still raining Oak??? Good luck and be safe if you manage to get out today!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 AM

I hope to get out this afternoon I'mheaded for theoaks the acorns have been dropping like crazy

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.