Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Community

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

By the way boys, I don't know about you but these 40 and 50 degree mornings are really getting my excited. It just smells like I should be in a stand. It's gonna be a long hard month.[8D]
Old 08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Tell me about it Ben... I can smell the fall air on its way also!!! It doesnt even feel like summer anymore
Old 08-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

My name Is Mathieu Fillion, I'm 15 years old. I was (believe it or not) at one time against hunting. After moving to St. Malo, Manitoba, I started getting interested in hunting. Took my hunter safety course when I was 12, and started hunting the next year. I've been bowhunting for 3 years now. First year I shot a doe a week before the season closed and I never found her, worst feeling I ever had. Last year I took to shots but I missed both times. last year and this year the deer population seems to have gone down quite a bit. That first year bowhunting I saw al least 5 deer everytime I went out, took 6 shots and connected on one but it was a bad hit. Last year took 2 shots and was lucky if I saw 2 deer a night.
Hoping this year will be the year.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

My name Is Mathieu Fillion, I'm 15 years old. I was (believe it or not) at one time against hunting. After moving to St. Malo, Manitoba, I started getting interested in hunting. Took my hunter safety course when I was 12, and started hunting the next year. I've been bowhunting for 3 years now. First year I shot a doe a week before the season closed and I never found her, worst feeling I ever had. Last year I took to shots but I missed both times. last year and this year the deer population seems to have gone down quite a bit. That first year bowhunting I saw al least 5 deer everytime I went out, took 6 shots and connected on one but it was a bad hit. Last year took 2 shots and was lucky if I saw 2 deer a night.
Hoping this year will be the year.
As are we Matt.[8D]
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there Matt and don't be afraid to ask any ??? or try to get some pointers. I had a youg teammate a few years ago on my team,My7pointer. He picked the brains of all of our teammates. We had GregH on our team and we all know what he shoots every year. You have some Crafty Bowhunters on your team some young and some Old.

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

By the way boys, I don't know about you but these 40 and 50 degree mornings are really getting my excited. It just smells like I should be in a stand. It's gonna be a long hard month.[8D]
Tell me about it, between these cool mornings and the bucks on my camera getting their grayish winter coats back, it's driving me nuts. I'm gonna have to check the camera this evening!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got done checking the camera. I've got tons of pics of this deer in the past month in a half. I hope he sticks around.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Hachet Jack

Thanks buddy good luck to you and your team too , have fun , get them bucks and be safe out there.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

BUCK EYE.....wow....what a stud...I absolutely LOVE that buck's high split brows. Man I hope that buck gets your arrow.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

NE TN here

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.