Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 11-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

I feel ya Capt..I'm on Kid duty myself today..and sick kid duty to boot!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I feel ya Capt..I'm on Kid duty myself today..and sick kid duty to boot!
Come on teamies I am itchin to see some bone hit this thread!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 AM

I saw 5 bucks on Saturday, 3 of which were shooters and one was pretty nice. Got fogged out while working on 9 goats with a decent billy in the group. They vanished in the fog and I never found them again. The wind blew too much to be in the high peaks on Sunday so I got back in my bear stand. Had another perfect quartering away 20 yard shot on a bear in the morning but I let it walk. Hare hunters and their dogs messed up the evening hunt but I did whack a nice cross fox on the drive home. It ran off the road and watched me get out, cross the road into the ditch and draw back on him. That's the last he ever watched... I think I'm getting this one mounted. Here's where the latest pics are at:
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/robswanson/BearHunting%2008/
Old 11-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a freaky looking fox!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM

A cross fox is half red / half silver color phase. You should see a big silver, they're real freaky with those yellow eyes looking out through all that grey and black fur. If I get one of those this year it'll be a trifecta for the season. Right now I'm just planning on getting the cross mounted but if I score a silver (fairly rare) I'll get something done with all three in one mount. This cross is as big or bigger than most coyotes. I think I'll send him to a taxidermist down south just to freak them out.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well in the past week I've now seen 15 different bucks. Tonight I had a bonifide shooter at 15 yards. A good ten minutes after legal shooting time. I was on a field edge and with the clear skies could easily see my sights and the clear shot to his vitals. The problem was I had looked at my watch and knew it was past legal time! {sometimes morals get in the way of common sense[8D]} SoI simply watched him, knowing I coulda made that shot!

With time change I had 2 hours to hunt.. saw 9 deer ~ 2 bucks (1 was a spike) and this other buck that was a 10pt minimum with extra junk! Not a real monster but certainly a shooter.

Both bucks were chasing does and grunting up a storm!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob...will you adopt me for a year?? I'm cute, well mannered and potty trained. I can do dishes and other chores, I make a mean breakfast.....
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM

Rob...will you adopt me for a year?? I'm cute, well mannered and potty trained. I can do dishes and other chores, I make a mean breakfast.....
Now that you mention it, with hunting season in full swing, house chores have gone by the wayside...

I hope to get the DXT dialed in with broadheads at lunch today. If that happens I'll probably take tomorrow off. We got an inch of perfect, fresh tracking snow last night.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Well in the past week I've now seen 15 different bucks. Tonight I had a bonifide shooter at 15 yards. A good ten minutes after legal shooting time. I was on a field edge and with the clear skies could easily see my sights and the clear shot to his vitals. The problem was I had looked at my watch and knew it was past legal time! {sometimes morals get in the way of common sense[8D]} SoI simply watched him, knowing I coulda made that shot!

With time change I had 2 hours to hunt.. saw 9 deer ~ 2 bucks (1 was a spike) and this other buck that was a 10pt minimum with extra junk! Not a real monster but certainly a shooter.

Both bucks were chasing does and grunting up a storm!
BOB,
Thanks for the congrats on our team thread. CJ was a little tick off that i didn't get him out of school to track /recover the buck. He shot his first squirrel on Sat the 1st of november. I think that made up for him not being there on the recovery. Thanks again with being patient with CJ at the GTG!!!!!

Congrats on doing the right thing with that buck after shooting light was over. i bet you will be rewarded for doing the right thing sooner or later!!!!!!!!!!!!

How else has your season been going?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

He is a great lil guy..he made it more fun. It won't be long till mine will be tagging along too, can't wait!

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.