Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Now Teammates!!! Even our Captain's not posting anymore ..lol Hope everyones so tired after huntin all day they just can't find the energy to log on.

I have a prediction, this team will lay 3 Bucks (minimum)down between Friday 11/7 and Saturday 11/15.

I DEMAND it... Git R done!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Now Teammates!!! Even our Captain's not posting anymore ..lol Hope everyones so tired after huntin all day they just can't find the energy to log on.

I have a prediction, this team will lay 3 Bucks (minimum)down between Friday 11/7 and Saturday 11/15.

I DEMAND it... Git R done!
I am here! Hoping that I can make it out tonight! Good luck to you all this weekend!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 PM

I'm not making any predictions but I've got a boat trip lined up over Thanksgiving week that's going to result in a pile of deer on the deck. They hunted for 3 hours yesterday and killed 4 P&Y class bucks with rifles at less than 40 yards.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Took Dad out tonight. He missed a doe due to a twig. I watched him shoot from across the field. It was a Blast!

I saw 3 doe and a ringneck (which opened today) If that friggin Pialated woodpecker hadn't scared that cockbird off, he was gonna be Sunday dinner, in 5 more yards! [&:]

Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Mmmm... pheasant. I can't remember when the last time I had pheasant was but it was way too long ago! There's nothing better!

I bailed on hunting today. Had a gal that I'm interested in want to go fishing so I bagged on a perfect day for goat hunting to go troll king salmon. We lost one and she got called into work! I guess that means that I lost two!!! [&:]<---- The perplexed blue dude seems especially appropriate. The weather is supposed to absolutely suck tomorrow (40-50 kt. winds and rain) so I'll probably work around the house after recovering from tonight's post election 'drown the sorrows' party. I've got Monday and Tuesday off so I'm banking on them for better weather.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK BOYS Were on the board!

There is one farm I've hardly touched. The corn was still up and the woods,that isn't swamp is extra thick! I've been in twice and it's a gnarly mess. I also have more compettion there,than anywhere else because the 60 acre bean feild on the adjacent farm makes for easy summertime viewing. It's where I picked up the big shed and watched 2 Pope and Young Bucks in August! However with the beans long down the complexion has changed drastically. I knew the corn had to come down to make it huntable. I drove by Saturday and it was down. I knew I had to be the first to hunt it. Sunday morning found me with that farm in mind! The SW wind made it really tough. This meant I had tobe northern most, on the small 40 acre parcel. I knew from the wind what this meant. No climbable trees I would have to take it to ground level!
I was confident, knowing that my Ultimate Camo, would work as well on the ground as from the tree tops.

I eased into the North corner in pre dawn. Found an overgrown fence row and small shrubby tree and settled in behind it. As dawn crept up the field was empty. I sprayed some "Young Buck" Scent, from a Buck Bomb gave a few grunts just to get the morning "edge". I look up the field and see a shape, "Deer!" At somewhere around 70 yards away in a small depresion. I throw up the Nikon ATB's. It's a buck, looks good. Honestly, thats the last half decent look I get and the last I look at antlers. He is heading my way, but tight to the very tree line I'm on. I can see movement and I can tell he's coming my way. But I can't really assess him. He is getting very close. I pick up the bow from the ground. He stops for one more whiff of the air, where the buck bomb scent must have settled on some foilage. Now he takes the diagonal path from his tree line to the back tree line which puts him straight in front of me. I let him quarter past. At 11 yards I touch the release. I see the arrow sink in at the crease low behind the front leg. He mule kicks I see my arrow, break and fly in two seperate directions as he stumbles away. I think he'll go down in sight as the 2 blade rage has done it's deed. He disappears around a shrub and I figure has run off into the woods to expire. I pack up and head to the truck, call wife, send a few texts, kill some time and head back to scan the woods. If there is any sign that he made it farther than out of sight from the field. I'll back-off. But it was one of them shots you just know you could walk to him. I get to the back of the field and the shrub he run around was as far as he made it. Less tha 25 yards.

He's no monster, in fact, quite honestly, he has a smallish rack. He was a heavy deer, laden with fat. In the past 2 weeks I've now seen 16 bucks he's the biggest I've seen in shooting light. I have no fear of tag soup I've eaten it often. But the difference is I know I'm purusing big deer. This year I haven't seen any big deer, since summer. I know they are out there. But with 1 weekend to go (for me), this was one I was ready to take. I make no apologies, and stand proud by the wonderful animal and memories of the hunt!

He is an 8 point he scores 90" his tip to tip spread is 1"

Whats left of the arrow

Closer up.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Way to go Bob!!!! Good job on a heck of a nice buck!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:44 AM

Sweet! Nicely done!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like tomorrow will be my last day until Dec 1! Gun opens on Saturday....
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

Looks like tomorrow will be my last day until Dec 1! Gun opens on Saturday....
I've hunted most of my days with a bow during gun season... I'm just sayin'; Throw sticks, not stones!

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.