Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Thats crazy! (said in a good way ofcourse). Seriously, my hat goes off to you. I wouldn't have the skills or determination to pull that off.

On another note, I did not get out on Saturday because of the rain. However, my neighbor and his dad went out Friday and saw more deer in one morning than we have so far all of this season! Lots of bucks chasing does and sign. I took a brief walk on Sunday morning and found plenty of sign as well, just not where I was hunting.

Tomorrow is my birthday gentleman and I am taking a personal day to do what I love doing the most...bowhunting.

Wish me luck.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best of luck!!!!!

I had kindof an interesting experience last night - shared via cell phone - my brother in law and good hunting buddy Andy took a Booner with his bow in Indiana! Was one of the coolest experiences, I just wish I could have been there! The coolest thing was I got him into hunting at 33 years old about 6 years ago. I will post pics when I get them....I have cell phone pics and that buck is unbelievable! LONG TINES, HUGE frame, just all around AWESOME!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM

Nice! I'm just hoping to see another Booner this year.

We went in on fresh tracks of a 9 footer that was working up a small creek yesterday. We ran headlong into a sow that was coming down the creek as we were going up. Which was good practice for keeping cool enough for a shot. Shortly after that our boar's tracks cut up out of the creek and went downwind so we moved off of him and on our way out ran into REALLY fresh tracks from Ol' Mo! We knew he was headed to bed so we got on them and followed them for a bit into the heavy alders (These tracks are like following someone on snowshoes, they're HUGE!) We got in and found a couple beds then we had a little pow-wow to discuss the swirling wind and that Mo might be just 20 yards ahead of us bedded down and that we should back out and set up on a couple exit routes in the afternoon to catch him when he got up. Right about then all Hell breaks loose; HOOOOOFFFF!!! GRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Crash! Snap! Crash! and he's gone. He was bedded just 40 yards from where we were and only 30 yards from where I was standing in his last bed. The wind had swirled around and hosed us. It was pretty amazing how fast my friend's rifle went from cross slung on his back with bow in hand to rifle on the shoulder with round chambered! We backed out and left him to settle down. I'll be back in there after work today. If I get a shot at the 9 footer it's going to be hard to pass up since I've got some empty floor space for a rug but I'd really like to get a shot at Ol' Mo. I'm pretty certain he's a world record bear and that rug would be more like wall-to-wall carpet!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome Kodiak, Thats my dream hunt!I'd have to cut my teeth on a few "little" Blackies first. My wife is against it of course due to something possibly hunting me back..lol

I saw 2 bucks last evening..a 6 and a 9 point. I estimated them at 2.5 year olds. The 9 point has great potential if he can make another season. I watched them butt heads and tickle antlers..no real fighting just a casual warm-up.
Neither one were shooters at this point. Although all the 9 lacked was mass.Then a doe came out below me at last light. Clearly in range but it was just dark enough I couldn't make out all the twigs and branches, so disgreesion being the better part of valor I simply enjoyed watching her. I think I gave her enough time to feed away before I made my descent.

I hung a new set on a private farm yesterday afternoon, may hunt it tonight. These friggin 20-30mph winds with gusts to 40+ are making this week difficult to say the least! Add in, occasional driving rain and sleet and it's a nightmare!

I did get a Turkey Saturday.

It's been the toughest early season I can recall..no signs of chasing or even intrest in does yet, in my area of NE Ohio.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I did get a Turkey Saturday.
Man law violation here! Show the pics or suffer the sack punch!

Here's what I was into last night.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3130756
Pretty interesting evening to say the least. Anyone know a good fox taxidermist? And Anyone have any A/C SuperSlim .340's they want to sell? I'm running low.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Spike

Been a tuff year, passed a few 140 and some nice 130 8 points, but no giants yet. But its getting just about that time. Im headed to Ontario this weekend for some pre-rut whitetails. see yall when i get back
Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 PM

Good luck there Corey!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like things are definitely picking up for all of us. Sadly, I didn't not make it out to hunt yesterday despite having the day off. It rained, snowed and was windier than I have ever seen it before for the entire day. I am going out after work today and I have been seeing some very nice bucks chasing already.

I am crossing my fingers.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Things sure got quiet here the last few days, I hunted Monday and Tuesday and didn't see a hair!

I hope it turns on in the next few days....

Here is a pic of my bro-in-law's deer I mentioned the other day...

Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Jumping googldie moogldie!!!!! What a buck!

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.