Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-26-2008, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

Just got a tentative invite to head back down for reindeer and blacktails the second week of Oct. with a guide friend and his gal pal. I'm hoping it pans out. I've got leave to burn before I lose it at the end of the year and I've got an itch to stick a big buck. I might just bag on the reindeer and concentrate on buck hunting if we go. It's not even a for sure and I'm already like a kid at Christmas!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope it works out!!! Sounds like fun no matter what you chase!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:27 PM

Holy crap, I just had to dig half way down page 2 to find our thread, team "judo chop" even has a post since our last! There better be some serious hunting going on out there!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

This coming weekend will be the first hunting for me...I was thinking of using some vacation before then but it looks winday and rainy....
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've just been extremely busy.

Found out in my tree stand last Friday that my D-loop and serving had slid up about 3/16".

I knew something was wrong with my bow over the past month or so because I was shooting a little low. I'm only talking an inch or so. The funny thing is that my bow showed perfect tuning though and everyone was telling me it was me dropping my arm and not the bow.Well, I know I should always trust myself and not others.

So, I took off my loop and my serving and reserved the string. Put the new D-loop on and of coursenow have to train my peep again but that seems to be fixed.Now, I'm all ready for this Saturday.My hours are too long during the week to get out and if i do take off it will not be until the rut.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys,

Just to give you all an update. I managed to hobble out for a few hours this past Saturday. It is still our early "doe-only" season until this Saturday. Sadly, I did not see anything but I had a great time just sitting out there. It was sort of neat in one sense. One of my hunting buddies popped by and sat with me on stand for an hour or so. During that time I pulled the video camera out and played some of the footage I had from last season. The neat part was that the footage was taken from the exact same spot I was sitting at that evening so you could see all the same trees and foliage and exactly where the deer were standing, etc... Kind of an unusual experience and defintely one to keep me pumped up for later in the year. I am going to try to head out at least once this week in anticipation for next Saturday's opener. If the foot feels ok I am going to try to get up to my favorite ground blind. I have always had action up there.

Now I just need to make sure one of my buddies are around so they can drag the deer.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

That's great that you got out. I take it the surgery went well?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:46 PM

Frank, Shoot one that you have to get two friends to drag! Seriously though, don't over-do it.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Gee we have a few members that have disappeared!!! Where is everyone????????
Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Hunting I hope.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.