Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14) >

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Rob for President!

PS - If you argue with Rob about the contest next year, I will ban you. Be forewarned. Rob is too good of a guy and puts up with too much crap as it is. He doesn't need any more piled on his plate, so stay the hell out of his way or go find somewhere else to whine.

That's all. Carry on.
lmao--well said brother

Rob,welcome back,knew you couldent stay away for to long,besides you would miss me to much
Your doing an awesome job on the forums and the "BOWHUNTING CONTEST".I would like to say thank you very much for doing it for myself and the members

5. Open to all members new and old unless your signed up in another bow contest on HNI(only), please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

Please,if you sign up for a team,Please show up and let the team know how your season is going.All teams have 10 members but am surprised to only hear from maybe half of them,if you dont want to participate then dont sign up,alot of other members here would be glad to.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: mobow

U can kill an archery buck and a gun buck....BUT IF YOU SHOOT THEM BOTH WITH YOUR BOW, YOU MUST POST THE ONE YOU KILLED FIRST.
Why though, I mean you have two seperate contest and i cant enter my gun buck here or mybow buck there, So it is kinda like i get my one buck tag in both contest. I am not whining, I just need more clarification, thats all

Not next year mobow, next year if you shoot one with your gun first, you basically forfeited your contest buck. The second buck will not count.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

U can kill an archery buck and a gun buck....BUT IF YOU SHOOT THEM BOTH WITH YOUR BOW, YOU MUST POST THE ONE YOU KILLED FIRST.
Not next year mobow, next year if you shoot one with your gun first, you basically forfeited your contest buck. The second buck will not count.
Rob, I really dont understand your logic on this one, but hey rules are rules.

Id also like to see the entire deer in picture rule enforced more strictly. I know we've had a few deer heads sticking over truck bed pics in the past. \

Glad to see your back. You do a great job and shouldnt let certain members or remarks get to you.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: drhntr178

I don't really understand that one either, but hey....no sense bickering over stuff that doesn't even take effect until next fall.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

What difference does it make as long as it is his first archery deer? Don't make much sence to me but I havn't seen this much DRAMA since Jr. High.
MOHO, take example my buddy tkycaller. He went out in our PA opener and took a buck with his rifle....he is now done!.....We still have a second archery season but no tags. Why is it fair for someone in another state to shoot one with his gun and then go back out and take an archery buck. That's a huge disadvantage for tkycaller.

And I agree about the JR High comment.
Maybe tkycaller should quit gun hunting, because thats what your forcing on many of us with a rule like that. This is a bow contest, right....if you only get one tag, and want to participate in a bow contest then you shoulduse your bow.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SouthernMDArcher

Hello Mr Rob) I generally do not post much but I would like to ask a question. In my case and perhaps a few others being able to post a legal kill in ten days may not be possible. Example: I shot my deer late evening, by the time I recovered the animal I then take it to the butcher and do not get home until midnight. Being that I am a working man it may take me longer than ten days to post a scoring which is the case with my buck this year. Between a 60 hour work week and my taxi heading out of town for 2 weeks I still have not gotten my deer scored. Would it be possible for those of us who have constraints on our time either post our kill with the score added later or send one of the moderator a picture?

If this is not possible is there any other suggestion on how to handle unique situations? Or is the rule non-negotiable?

Thanks
Dave
Dave, it's as simple as notifying your team captain and then having him/her notify me. Very simple.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure what everyone is unclear about here. If a person on your team happens to live in a state where they can only kill ONE buck per year, and they do so with a firearm, they are essentially lost to your team. Now you're down to 9 eligible contestants. Likewise, a person on another team can live in a state like Illinois, go out and shoot his/her buck with a shotgun, then go hunt late season and kill another buck with a bow. How is that fair to team #1?

The only problem here is enforcing this rule. It certainly won't stop someone from harvesting a buck with a gun and simply not saying anything about it. However, the entire contest is based on trust and honesty anyways, so I guess this is no different.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

What difference does it make as long as it is his first archery deer? Don't make much sence to me but I havn't seen this much DRAMA since Jr. High.
Motown GMMAT gave me a note he got from Mobow, who found it the bathroom. RickJames saw Rybo drop the note, rybo got the note from Justin, who got it from Dr andy, who found the note on Gregh desk.

The note said:

Your're a Handsome man

From Gregh

Now there is JR High

As long as I am on Jeff's team again I am good, kind of tradition now
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I sure am glad to see you back in the saddle my friend!!

Kinda figured you would be.

Since you did such a masterful job of cleaning up this mess, maybe you can tackle another issue? My hard drive just collapsed on my video editing tower.......could you like wave a magic wand or something, so that I don`t have to dump 60 hours of raw footage back in that puppy and edit it all again??

I sure would appreciate it!![8D]
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Thank you Rob for the clarification, I appreciate it.

Dave

Quick Reply: Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.