Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14) >

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Old 11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

Congrats on being back.. You do a great job, and will continue to do a great job in this yearly event. I have rad the rules and will wait till july next year to sign up
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Welcome back Rob, I like the amended rules and don't know what's so hard about following the ones we already had.[&:] But we'll move on.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob i only have one problem, I do gun hunt and am allowed to take more that one buck, as you know, in NC. I Bowhunt during Gun season to, and i dont see why i cant kill a gun buck and then a archery buck. Clarify it more if needed please.
Brent
Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM

U can kill an archery buck and a gun buck....BUT IF YOU SHOOT THEM BOTH WITH YOUR BOW, YOU MUST POST THE ONE YOU KILLED FIRST.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob for President!

PS - If you argue with Rob about the contest next year, I will ban you. Be forewarned. Rob is too good of a guy and puts up with too much crap as it is. He doesn't need any more piled on his plate, so stay the hell out of his way or go find somewhere else to whine.

That's all. Carry on.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Brent, that's great that you get all those tags. And I get to hunt NC too thanks to Jeff's generosity however, there are many who get one tag, period. If they use it during gun season, they are done. It's not fair to all the states that only allow a single buck tag to compete against the states that allow multiple tags. This is a bowhunting contest, if a member gets to go kill any buck and then still hunt the rest of the year with a bow, that's an advantage. Say by luck of the draw that all 10 members of one team only get one tag, and then a second team has all 10 members who get multitags, that's not equal across the board so the rule states, the first buck is the one....hunt accordingly.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

What difference does it make as long as it is his first archery deer? Don't make much sence to me but I havn't seen this much DRAMA since Jr. High.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Hello Mr Rob) I generally do not post much but I would like to ask a question. In my case and perhaps a few others being able to post a legal kill in ten days may not be possible. Example: I shot my deer late evening, by the time I recovered the animal I then take it to the butcher and do not get home until midnight. Being that I am a working man it may take me longer than ten days to post a scoring which is the case with my buck this year. Between a 60 hour work week and my taxi heading out of town for 2 weeks I still have not gotten my deer scored. Would it be possible for those of us who have constraints on our time either post our kill with the score added later or send one of the moderator a picture?

If this is not possible is there any other suggestion on how to handle unique situations? Or is the rule non-negotiable?

Thanks
Dave
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobow

U can kill an archery buck and a gun buck....BUT IF YOU SHOOT THEM BOTH WITH YOUR BOW, YOU MUST POST THE ONE YOU KILLED FIRST.
Not next year mobow, next year if you shoot one with your gun first, you basically forfeited your contest buck. The second buck will not count.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

What difference does it make as long as it is his first archery deer? Don't make much sence to me but I havn't seen this much DRAMA since Jr. High.
MOHO, take example my buddy tkycaller. He went out in our PA opener and took a buck with his rifle....he is now done!.....We still have a second archery season but no tags. Why is it fair for someone in another state to shoot one with his gun and then go back out and take an archery buck. That's a huge disadvantage for tkycaller.

And I agree about the JR High comment.

Quick Reply: Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.