Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread >

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

another

Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 AM

well i have hunted 3 counties this week only seen a couple deer. things are starting to look up since the cool weather hit im heading out again today and most of romorrow.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Have spent what little free time I've had inthe woods. Have taken a doe and two coyotes, but nothing with antlers.

As far as my IL hunting goes, it looks like blue tongue worked us over really tough. We're leaving the farm alone for a couple of weeks and hoping that the food plots pull as many as possible out of the national forest. Will be hunting there the week of the 12th-18th.

Kentucky hunting however has been a ball. Have seen at least 3 bucks every time i've been out down there. Opening day of muzzleloader season I saw a main frame 12 point with split brows that will go 160 easy. Thought I was going to get the drop on him yesterday morning, but he pulled up short of me about 80 yards and took off with 3 does.

The wife is away until Wednesday, so I'm running Daddy Daycare. If I'm still sane by then, I hope to hunt Wednesday & Thursday in KY and then the rifle opener on Saturday.

Hopefully, I'll have something to report in the "official score card" section thenext time I log on. Peak time is upon us. Good Luck.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Just thought I'd add another comment. This morning I was getting the kids ready for church and happened to look out the front window. I saw two does in the pasture across the road and they were headed right for our mail box.

Then I looked at the tree line behind them, and out steps this really nice 8pt that I see almost every evening. Not huge, probably 120 ish. I was beginning to think that was too humorous NOT to happen. After investing a billion dollars in hunting stuff, the irony of it all would certainly fit my life.

I started imagining me in the front yard, suit and tie and all, wacking a deer, while running daddy daycare two hours before I had to preach.

Well, it never materialized, 80 yards was as close as he got. But wouldn't that have been funny.

2 days down. Mommy will be back late Tuesday Night. An entire week of deer camp just 7 days away. If I survive the kids, or better yet, they survive me; this will be the best year of deer camp ever.

Put 'em down.
jeff
Old 11-05-2007, 03:19 AM

well guys no luck its back to work for 3 days then i can try again
Old 11-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Seeing some good bucks.missed a 160" 10 pointer sunday evening, my stupid fault..
Old 11-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

I really havnt seen any nice bucks. As my luck would have it, the land owners of both properties I hunt decided to cut some trees this year. So they pretty much have everything all stirred up there. Why they waited until hunting season is beyond me but theres nothing I can do about it [:@]. Atleast there is still deer there, but their travel route is all messes up now. I just have to take some time and figure their new routes.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Its ON, they are really moving, it is gettin good..................GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have'nt been hunting too much, but I start vacation today for the next11 days!!
I'll be bowhunting foreight days, and gun hunting next weekend with a 44 mag revolver.
I have everyday planned as far as strategy, and I hope to connect with a few does and a bruiser buck!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Old 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Tomorrow beings 5 days straight of some serious hunting action for me. I cannot wait to hit the woods in the morning. Sunday afternoon I called in a small 7 point from a serious of bleats and grunts. He came to 25 yards and locked on to my decoy. He bobbed his head, stomped his foot, and postured to within inches of my deke. I honestly thought he was going to send his horns thru my Renzo's buck. To be honest, I didn't care if he did. The shear excitement of seeing even a small buck act like that made the trip well worth it.

Wish me luck as I head out in search of Bullwinkle and a new friend of his this weekend. Here are a couple of the latest photos that I have of these two and a buck that has some potential.

Quick Reply: 3-Official Team The Ruttin Rebels Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.